Disabled invincible mode.
Fixed minor bugs.
A CLASSIC OLD-SCHOOL GAME
R-Type II is a horizontal scrolling shooter arcade game developed and published by Irem in 1989. This classic old-school game is the sequel to R-Type and the story takes place two years after. The player controls a ship called the R-9C which is an improved version of its predecessor, the R-9.
The Bydo Empire is back! Take it down with power-ups, two new types of weapons, the Search Laser and Shotgun Laser, and a new anti-ground unit bomb.
WITH ORIGINAL FEATURES
•Unlock six levels each with its own unique boss.
•Upgrade to new weapons, power-ups, and attachments to fight wave of enemies.
•Keep original graphics or choose improved ones thanks to filter and scanline options
… AND NEW FEATURES TOO!
•Choose between three difficulty settings: unlimited (unlimited lives), normal (same as original) & insane (more challenge!).
•Two control modes: Touch and virtual D-Pad
•Auto Fire ON/OFF
•Available in 10 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Portuguese.
•Play in full-screen, or keep the game’s original screen ratio
•Game Center: 11 unlockable achievements + online leaderboards (normal & insane modes only)
•Support iOS 7 controllers
Are you looking for challenge? R-Type II is the perfect game!
- February 13, 2014 Initial release
- February 25, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- March 06, 2014 New version 1.0.3
- August 26, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- September 02, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 12, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- December 20, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 22, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- December 25, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 21, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 28, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99