- Minor bug fixes
At the beginning of the First World War, Albert sees his beloved horse, Joey, sold to the cavalry and shipped to France. Although too young to join the Army, Albert sets out to find his friend, who has been thrust into fighting on both sides of the frontline. Charging through gunfire and hauling ambulances through mud, Joey's loyalty and gentle spirit never waver. This is a story of bravery, kindness and friendship through the toughest times.
Read and follow the story with illustrations and the voice of Michael Morpurgo. Get close to the life of a WWI soldier – through images, 3D rotating objects, video, letters, and poems – in the Timeline.
What was it like in the trenches? Why are tanks called tanks? What inspired Michael to write the book? The author and six experts are on hand to show you the answers – from the Devonshire village of Iddesleigh, where the novel begins and ends – and the battlefields of France and Belgium.
• Follow the novel with the voice of the author, line by line
• Zoom into beautiful watercolor illustrations
• Swipe through over 250 photos, videos, 3D rotating objects and quotes in the Timeline
• Watch 35 video interviews with the author and historians with photos from the time
Winner 2013 Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award: “a towering achievement...”
About the author:
Michael Morpurgo is a best-selling children’s author. He has written over one hundred books, of which War Horse is the best-loved. War Horse is also a renowned play and Spielberg film.
War Horse is created by Touchpress, the people behind the best-selling iPad titles The Elements and Barefoot World Atlas. The title is produced and published in partnership with Egmont, publishers of War Horse, and Illuminations, makers of outstanding films about the arts.
- September 20, 2014 New version 1.0.7
- September 19, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $5.99
- August 07, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $2.99
- June 16, 2014 Initial release