App DescriptionJoin Thomas and Lily in this lighthearted adventure as they stumble upon the great mystery of the Pacific Northwest, the reclusive Sasquatch! Stories often have a valuable message, and Thomas soon discovers the age-old lesson that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Discover the origins of the Sasquatch (Sásq’ets), inspired by the Indigenous oral history of the Sto:lo Nation.
Children and parents alike will find much to love in this beautifully crafted story, featuring a cast of delightful characters in lush, vibrant landscapes. Characters come alive as they react to your touch, and wonderful voice narration guides you through each page. Experience the story in English, Spanish, French, or the original Halq'eméylem language. Thousands of years old, the endangered language of the Sto:lo Nation has less than a dozen fluent speakers, and revitalization efforts are underway.
The Great Sasquatch is the second standalone storybook app in the award winning Bramble Berry Tales series, from developer Rival Schools and publisher Loud Crow Interactive Inc. Each app is based on a unique story from different Indigenous tribes.
- New and original story world
- Charming and humorous narration
- Inspired by traditional Indigenous languages and oral history
- Learn vocabulary and language: English, French, Spanish, and Halq'eméylem
- Educational word highlighting and definitions for young readers
- Touch, tilt & slide to bring the story to life
- Optimized for iPhone 5s & Retina Display
REVIEWS FOR THE AWARD-WINNING FIRST BOOK, THE STORY OF KALKALILH:
“The overall quality of every aspect of this app – from the illustrations to the music and narration – is wonderfully realized and makes this app an easy one to recommend.”
– Amy Solomon, 148Apps (4.5/5)
“A wonderful treat unlike anything you’ve seen on iOS, or on any mobile platform for that matter.”
– Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice
“Imaginative, stylized illustrations are friendly and inviting. Quality narrations bring the story to life.”
– JoDee, The iPhone Mom (5/5)
October 24, 2013 Initial Release