148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SLOW START :: Read Our Full Review >>
Republique was a promising Kickstarter project, and with the launch of the first episode of the finished game it remains just that: a promise.
What's New- Bug fixes and general improvements
App Description"Special, new, and necessary." - IGN
"A must-play experience in 2014." - Polygon
"Shaping up to be a masterpiece." - Touch Arcade (5/5)
"This is the App Store's next must-have high-end game." - CNET
"Sets a new benchmark for mobile game quality." - The Washington Post
Intense, thrilling, and topical, RÉPUBLIQUE is a stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.
You receive a desperate call from Hope, a mysterious woman trapped inside an oppressive totalitarian state. By hacking into the nation's elaborate surveillance network and taking control, you guide Hope through a web of danger and deception across five thrilling episodes. (Purchase future episodes with the discounted Season Pass.)
Challenging puzzles and complex strategy are offset by the simplicity of the game's “One Touch” controls, developed over two years by industry veterans (Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 4, F.E.A.R., Black & White 2, SOCOM).
With striking visuals, a haunting, atmospheric score, and an all-star cast, RÉPUBLIQUE is one of the most ambitious games ever developed for iOS.
- Pilot Episode 1: “Exordium”
- “One Touch” stealth action gameplay
- Immersive puzzles and strategic choices
- Advanced AI systems
- Motion-captured cutscenes
- Full voiceovers, starring:
- Rena Strober
- David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid)
- Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, BioShock Infinite)
- Dwight Schultz (Killer7, Star Trek)
- Khary Payton (Metal Gear Solid 4)
- Matthew Mercer (Resident Evil 6)
- Console-quality facial tech powered by Faceware
- OMNI View icon art by Cory Schmitz
- iOS 7 Leaderboards, Achievements and Gamepad support
- Innovative, interactive developer commentary (in-app purchase)
- Downloadable “The Making of République” video series (in-app purchase)
- Fully translated in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese
- Powered by Unity
- Funded by the Kickstarter Community
- République Minimum Spec Requirements: iPhone 4 & up, iPad 2 & up,
iPod Touch 5 & up.
- Close all running apps to improve performance and stability.
December 19, 2013 Initial Release