Do you ever wish when traveling that you could have someone who could teach you their local language or even speak it for you when needed? Dutch Pretati is truly a unique language translation app utilizing video and voice to help travelers all over the world easily learn and communicate in Dutch. Dutch Pretati contains over 500 important phrases and words that international travelers will need most when visiting Netherlands or when communicating with somone in Dutch.
For each phrase, there is video of a native speaker clearly pronouncing each word, Dutch script and also phonetic pronunciation. The phrases are grouped into categories for the most common travel situations including Getting Around, Eating & Drinking, Health, Problems, Numbers, Time and Date, Meeting People, Shopping and Money. Other great features include the ability to playback each phrase in slow mode, mark favorites for quick reference and even copy the phrase to send via SMS or email to your friends in their native language. While the app is primarily targeted towards travelers, it is also a great educational tool for those who desire to start learning the basics of a foreign language in an easy, fast and fun way.
The app works completely offline so no need to worry about expensive international data costs or searching for an open WIFI network.
Pretati is available for 19 languages including Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese. In the coming months, 11 more languages will be added to the Pretati library. Each language has been localized into over 20 languages to cater to each individuals needs.
- Over 500 essential travel Dutch words and phrases each with Dutch Script, English to Dutch Translation and video clip
- High quality VIDEO and AUDIO for every word and phrase recorded by NATIVE SPEAKERS
- Quick SEARCH of all words and phrases so you don’t have to spend time looking for what you need
- Build your FAVORITES list to quickly access the Dutch phrases you want to learn or translate
- Audio is perfect for headphones or over your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad speakers
- WORKS OFFLINE so you don't need to be connected to the Internet and pay international roaming charges when traveling
- Share the video or the phrase via SMS, email or social media
- SLOW PLAY feature allows you to hear the phrase slowly and clearly to help you get a better grasp of what is being spoken
- High definition graphics optimized for retina display
- A variety of CATEGORIES for every situation like Getting Around, Eating & Drinking, Health, Problems, Numbers, Time and Date, Meeting People, Shopping and Money – this is the perfect travel dictionary app around
CONTACT US / SUPPORT
Some users have complained about the sound not playing. Please check to see that the RINGER is set to ON. Sometimes while the audio works perfectly in one app, on the other app the phone resets the volume to low. Hence, pressing the '+' key on the iPhone/iPad should help resolve the issue you are facing. With our latest update, we have also included the ability to control the volume from within the app.
We would love to hear from you to improve the app and answer any questions you might have. Please CONTACT US on our website at www.pretati.com
- July 23, 2013 Initial release
- December 11, 2013 New version 1.5
- March 07, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- April 02, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99