Minor bug fixes
►►► 50% OFF for a limited time! ◄◄◄
Hats and scarves for everyone! Created by knitting maven Marilyn Roberts and Emmy-nominated PBS craft guru Brett Bara, and made exclusively for the iPad and iPhone, “You Can Knit!” is your guide to learning knitting the modern way (no offence to Grandma). Master the basics with expert video tutorials and photo step-by-steps, and then try your needles at more advanced techniques and cozy beginner projects. You’ll never have to buy another gift again!
WHY IT’S A BETTERBOOK
“You Can Knit!” is a book made exclusively for the iPad and iPhone, and includes:
• 33 first-person POV tutorial video tutorials by Emmy-nominated host of PBS’s “Knit and Crochet Now” Brett Bara
• 31 step-by-step guides and interactive guided tours will get you from newbie to confident knitter in no time
• Quick-reference glossary and pop-up tips with key terms, definitions, and photos accessible throughout
• Easy-to-follow navigation, with ability to bookmark, highlight, take margin notes, and easily search
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN TO DO
Learn core knitting skills as you make your first scarf. Including:
• Casting On: The Slip Knot, Long-Tail (or Two-Strand), E-Loop (or Thumb), and Cable
• The Knit Stitch: English and Continental Knitting
• Adding a New Ball of Yarn & Changing Yarn for Stripes
• Finishing Off: Binding Off & Weaving in Yarn Ends
• Creating Textures: The Purl Stitch (English & Continental Purling)
• Combining Knit and Purl: Stockinette Stitch, Reverse Stockinette Stitch, Rib Stitch, Seed Stitch, and Moss Stitch
• Making Shapes and Joining Pieces: Increases & Decreases
• Preparing Knitted Pieces: Steam & Wet Blocking
• Joining Knitted Pieces: Mattress Stitch Seam & Backstitch Seam
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND MAKE YOUR OWN CLOTHES!
Includes full instructions to make six personal projects, so as you grow from total newbie to confident knitter, you’ll make the following:
• Garter Stitch Scarf
• Moss Stitch Scarf
• Linen Stitch Striped Messenger Bag
• Textured Drop-Shoulder Sweater
• Diamond Lace Cowl
• Stockinette Stitch Hat
This includes these lessons:
• Getting the Right Size
• Reading a Pattern
• Knitting Lace and Cable
• Knitting with Circular Needles
• Knitting with Double-Pointed Needles
Learn how to avoid mistakes, and fix them when they happen
► Author: MARILYN ROBERTS
Marilyn first learned to knit from her mother when she was 7 years old. She later became assistant knit and crochet editor at McCall’s Needlework and Crafts magazine, knitting editor at MacKnit, and creator and editor of Crafting Today. In the past few years, Marilyn has been published in Interweave Knits and on Knitty.com and has created original designs that are available on Ravelry.com and Patternfish.com.
► Video tutorials by: BRETT BARA
Brett is a New York-based author, television host, blogger, and designer specializing in crafts and do-it-yourself projects. She learned to knit when she was 5 years old and is now the host of the Emmy-nominated PBS television series Knit and Crochet Now, as well as the author of the book Sewing in a “Straight Line”. Brett blogs about crafts, baking, decorating, and cats at brettbara.com.
NOTE: In order to save storage space on your iPad and iPhone, videos require an internet connection (3G, 4G, or wifi) to view.
- June 15, 2014 Initial release