To keep Air Video HD sustainable, we’re introducing Early Access. Certain new features will initially be available in preview mode, with single in-app purchase to Join Early Access and remove preview mode restrictions.
Features currently in Early Access:
- Instant Scrubbing Preview - Seeking doesn't have to be a mystery. You'll know where you land before even releasing the slider
- Chromecast Support - Seamless integration with soft subtitles and surround sound.
Other in this version:
- various bugfixes (and some more on the way)
- HDMI and VGA output through lightning should behave much nicer
EDIT: Thanks everyone for your support! And for people who give us 1 star reviews because of the an-app purchase: We’re sorry you feel this way, we’re just trying to keep the project healthy.
Also a reminder - if something doesn't work and you complain in the AppStore, we have absolutely no way to respond and help with the troubleshooting. Emailing us (or creating support ticket) is much more likely to get the problem resolved.
When we started working on Air Video HD we had one simple objective in mind: To build the best video streaming app technically possible. With the 2.0 release, we know we came to this closer than ever.
If you have your videos on your computer and want to enjoy them on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, this is the app for you.
Download and install the server software on your Mac or PC (Linux coming soon) and you’ll be watching your videos on your device in seconds. Going somewhere without network access? Download is just one tap away.
Don’t worry about video formats, codecs and bitrates, let Air Video HD handle the dirty details for you. If needed, Air Video HD will transparently transcode the video (“on fly”) so that it plays on all supported iOS devices, including Apple TV (with surround sound and soft subtitles). But we took special care to ensure that transcoding is only done when necessary. No matter what format the video is in, AVI, DivX, MKV and other videos just work.
Major Features in Air Video HD 2.0
* Beautiful user interface optimized for iOS 8. With special support for iPhone 6 and 6+, we make sure your valuable screen space is not wasted
* State of the art playback pipeline. We take our transcoding seriously. Support for soft subtitles, H.264 passthrough for your HD videos and surround sound on Apple TV will let you enjoy your media the way it is supposed to be.
* Video Download. Going somewhere without internet access? Air Video HD is the easiest way to get your videos to device. Simply browse to your video and press download. That's it. With one slider you decide if you want to prioritize video quality or save space on device.
* Synchronized settings. You can stop video on you iPhone and resume on your iPad. Playback settings (including subtitle and audio selection), history and many other are synchronized as well.
* History. Quickly navigate between previously visited folders and played files. See which videos have already been played and which are new. Did we mention that history can be synchronized across all your devices?
* Audio and Subtitle synchronization adjustment (2.0). Your subtitles being out-of-sync is no longer a problem, you can correct it in just few taps.
* Video playback speed control (2.0). In a hurry? Speed it up!
* Aspect ratio control (2.0). Now you can finally correct those those weird looking videos. Also works when playing Apple TV of course!
* Many other features waiting for you to explore
Note that Air Video HD will not play DRM protected videos. All video content purchased through iTunes includes DRM. Video podcast content is free and does not include DRM protection.
The free server software (available for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Microsoft Windows) is needed to stream and convert the videos and can be downloaded at http://airvideoapp.com .
- July 01, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- June 29, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- May 08, 2015 New version 2.1.0
- February 25, 2015 New version 2.0.2
- October 12, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- October 04, 2014 New version 2.0
- November 13, 2013 New version 1.0.3
- October 11, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- September 19, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- September 01, 2013 Initial release