iOS 8 Fix
Now this best-selling counting & sing-along book is an interactive app! Like its award-winning cousin, the Over in the Ocean app, Over in the Jungle is “jam-packed with vibrant colors, engaging interactivity, fluid poetry, predictable text and ‘teachable moments’.” Children count, poke and jiggle the rainforest animal babies to watch them squawk, scurry, and scramble—just as the animals do in real life. And then children will search for all the babies in a counting game. “Over in the Jungle” (book) has won numerous awards, including the International Reading Association’s “Teacher’s Choice Award.” This app is a fun way to reinforce learning, and is entirely safe for children--it does not contain ads, social media, in-app purchases, or links, nor does it collect data. It is available in English only.
• Remarkable artwork is constructed entirely from polymer clay! You will want to grab your own colored clay after illustrator Jeanette Canyon explains how she does it.
• Choose between “Read to Me,” “Read to Myself,” and “Sing to Me.”
• Children can touch the animal babies or jiggle the screen to watch them perform their distinctive true-to-life actions (for example, the howler monkeys hoot and the boa constrictors squeeze).
• After being introduced to all the animal babies (one marmoset, two morpho butterflies, and so on) the babies "play hide and seek!" The child is invited to play a counting game to find them all, “from ten to one.”
• Includes a real-life photograph of each animal with interesting information about the species.
• All information is scientifically accurate. The author also explains the wide variety of ways in which animal parents care for their young.
Additional app pages have information about coral reef animals in general as well as each species featured, including a photograph of each. The app enhances the entertaining, educational experience of the book, which has received many rave reviews, including the following.
• Library Media Connection: “Here is an attractive, engaging book on a very important habitat that children and educators will enjoy for either recreational reading or interactive learning in the library or classroom.”
•Mom’s Choice Award Magazine (Entro): “Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme is wonderfully successful at rising to the challenge by combining music, counting and remarkable art to present some of the most compelling animals of the tropical rainforest.”
•School Library Journal: “This is a handsome book on an important subject, and it can serve as recreational reading as well as an introduction to a basic unit on the rain forest.”
•Ventura County Parent: “Readers will almost be as awestruck by the cadence and artwork in this book as they would be by the actual rainforest. It is a convergence of song, rhyme, numbers and incredible illustrations which will make it a favorite among a span of ages.”
•Children’s Literature: “an excellent teaching tool on many levels.”
•Catholic Library World: “The wealth of information and multiple uses for the book make it one that can be utilized over and over with a different emphasis each time. The illustrations make it very appealing, also. Whether studying counting, animals, rainforest, baby animals, art, nature, music or large motor skills, this book is a winner.”
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- July 25, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- November 19, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 28, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- February 12, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- April 28, 2015 New version 1.2
- April 30, 2015 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- June 05, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- July 05, 2015 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99