App DescriptionATTENTION, PILOTS: LEARN TO PREVENT RUNWAY INCURSIONS!
Getting Around On The Groundâ„˘ 3.0 is the only interactive, multimedia tool for pilots that teaches the types of airport markings, signage, and lighting. It also goes beyond simple technical knowledge by outlining hazards, safety tips, and procedures that will help keep you aware, knowledgeable, and safe on the ground.
By completing all the content and taking the Final Exam, you can qualify to obtain credit for the FAA WINGS program. The WINGS program is a continuing education program for pilots, sponsored by the FAA. You'll not only learn to be a safer pilot on the airport surfaceâ€”you'll also be able to prove your commitment to flight safety with your WINGS account. (Aviation Tutorials is a WINGS Training Provider.)
As an overview, Getting Around On The Groundâ„˘ 3.0 provides:
* Full sound narration to make learning easy
* 3D graphics that show the airport environment from ground view
* Skills for preventing runway incursions
* Complete descriptions and visuals of airport markings, signs, and lighting
* Methods of incorporating knowledge of markings, signs, and lighting in your flight operations
* Ground procedures
* Safety "Quick Tips" that you can use immediately
* Case Studies of real-world runway incursion incidents and accidents
* A final exam
Getting Around On The Groundâ„˘ 3.0 also contains:
* 1.5 hours of narrated instruction
* 16 instructional sections
* 125 original 3D graphics and animations
* 60 quiz questions
* 17 "Quick Tips"
* A 50-question final exam
NOTE: Airport Simulatorâ„˘ is a separate training component which is only available in the desktop version of Getting Around On The Ground for Windows and Mac. For details, visit www.avtutorials.com.
March 14, 2013 New version 3.0.18
March 03, 2013 Initial Release