• Reduced volume of background music
• Small improvements to integrate better with iOS7
• Link to Happy Geese Full, which does not have In-App Purchases
*** Featured by Apple in 31 countries and #1 Board game in 18 countries ***
With Happy Geese, small children and children with special needs will have hours of fun with their family whilst playing Snakes and Ladders and the Game of the Goose.
To create Happy Geese we have taken two of the most popular classic board games and we have made a simplified version of each. We have then added an intuitive way for you, the parent or educator, to gradually introduce each feature of the game when your child is ready for it.
Our games are designed to be enjoyed by everyone. Young children, children with special needs, their parents, family and friends: with Happy Geese everyone can play together at the same time.
This version of Happy Geese includes In-App Purchases. For a version of Happy Geese without In-App Purchases, have a look at Happy Geese Full.
***** WHAT FAMILIES ARE SAYING ABOUT HAPPY GEESE *****
"At last a game for our iPad that I can play with my son. He is 6 years old and loves it because the whole family can play together." Richard C.
"My daughter would get angry with traditional board games because when the die showed a 5, the chip had to go to a cell with a different number. Happy Geese's cells without numbers have resolved this." Ascen G.
"With our child we had tried to play board games. We had tried everything, even creating our own paper boards, but it didn't work. With Happy Geese we have found a game that he loves." Margalida M.
"I had tried for the last 4 years to play board games with my son, but it didn't work. This amazing app removes all the fine motor and concentration challenges and focuses on what should be the essence of any game: having fun together!" S. Planas
"In our pilot study Happy Geese is considered a social app, not merely a game, it offers wonderful therapeutic possibilities." UC Davis MIND Institute
***** FEATURES *****
• Includes Snakes and Ladders and the Game of the Goose
• Highly customizable boards allow you to adapt the games to the abilities of every child
• In each game, select between 2 boards with different levels of difficulty. Additional boards are available through in-app purchase.
• 7 different dice with colors, shapes, letters and numbers and 2 types of double dice as in-app purchase
• 24 game chips with cute figures of people or animals
• Create custom chips with your own pictures
• Enable or disable snakes, ladders, geese and bridges in each round
• Enable help with turns to help your child see what to do next
• “King of the Game” mode allows you to choose in advance who will win the round (and helps you avoid disappointments at sensitive times)
• Print your custom boards and chips (available as in-app purchase)
• Up to 4 players per round
• No Ads
***** EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS *****
• Learn and follow a set of simple game rules
• Practice 30 basic concepts with different dice and boards: 6 colors, 6 shapes, 12 numbers and 6 vowels
• Practice simple sums with double dice
• Develop fine motor skills
• Stay concentrated and focused with a clutter-free design
• Develop the ability to wait for your turn
***** WHO SHOULD DOWNLOAD HAPPY GEESE *****
• Parents of young children who want a game that can be enjoyed by the whole family
• Parents and educators of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and other learning difficulties
***** CONTACT US *****
We love to hear your feedback and ideas!
Get in touch with us: [email protected]
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Appically
Follow us on Twitter: @appically
- April 01, 2013 Initial release
- April 03, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- July 02, 2013 New version 1.1
- January 03, 2014 New version 1.1.1