• Added Apple Watch App and Glance.
• Active Energy and Distance are now saved to HealthKit.
RunQuest 21k is a 13-week training program designed for 5k runners who want to run a half marathon. The workouts are distance-based, using GPS, and you get voice cues telling you your pace and progress every mile or km.
This is a program for runners comfortable running 5km (3.1 miles) at least 3 times per week or runners who have recently completed our Run 5k or Run 10k app.
• Apple Watch App and Glance.
• Maps your run.
• Speaks pace and distance.
• Works in the background when you've switched to another app or if you've locked the screen.
• Calculates calories burned.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Includes animated stretching programs with voice cues.
• Integrates with the Health app and HealthKit.
• Daily tips for your training program, including information about pacing and nutrition.
• Choose your start and end dates.
• Complete program where you run 4 times per week.
• Total of 12 miles (19km) to 21 miles (33km) per week.
• Works in miles or km.
• Tapers in the middle and end of the program.
• Automatically checks off each completed run.
• Checks off your run on the calendar.
• Option to manually enter treadmill, indoor, or other non-GPS runs.
This app can be integrated with the Health app and be used with HealthKit. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and your date of birth and gender can be used to calculate your target and maximum heart rates. The total Active Calories burned can be saved to HealthKit after each workout. Sharing this information with HealthKit is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
This app requires an iPhone or iPad with GPS support. During a workout, location data is used to calculate distance and pace, and to record a track of your position on the map. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
This app was created by Lucius Kwok and Agnes Chan. Made in NYC.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- October 02, 2014 New version 4
- October 25, 2014 New version 4.1
- June 14, 2015 New version 4.2
- July 09, 2015 New version 4.3