Updated National Nutrient Database from SR-25 to SR-26.
Number of different foods increased from 8,194 to 8,463.
Number of food servings increased from 14,162 to 15,135.
Privately keep track of the foods you eat including data for 10 important nutrients ... iNutrients provides lightning fast access to Nutrient data for 8,463 different foods and 15,135 different food servings based on the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference for the following nutrients:
◉ Cholesterol — Dietary Cholesterol
◉ Saturated Fat
◉ Vitamin K — Vitamins K1, K1D & K2
These nutrients are listed in alphabetical order and will be presented throughout the app in this same order. The icons are from individual apps by the developer, each covering a single nutrient corresponding to the nutrients in this app.
iNutrients utilizes information taken from the entire USDA National Nutrient Database for each of these ten nutrients, unlike the individual apps, which cover less than 10% of what's available.
You will find the Search functionality extremely fast as all needed infromation from the USDA database is local to the app — no internet connectivity is required.
From the Search functionality you can save information for the foods you eat each day. You are able to pick a serving size and then either record a multiple of 0.1 – 9.9 servings; or optionally create a custom serving size from 1 to 500 grams. As you change the serving size you can graphically see the the effect on the various nutrients via color coding ranging from white to black (think burnt), and gray indicates data is not available:
◉ Black — Extremely High
◉ Dark Red — Very High
◉ Red — High
◉ Orange — Moderately High
◉ Yellow — Moderate
◉ Light Green — Moderately Low
◉ Green — Low
◉ Light Blue — Very Low
◉ White — Extremely Low
◉ Gray — Unknown
The My Data section allows you to access up to a full year's worth of Food Serving Intake Items stored in your Personal iNutrients Database. For each day there is an Action button which allows you to copy all Food Servings to today's list.
From the My Data section, select any Intake Item to get the complete information available. From this display you can tap the Action button in the upper right corner to:
◉ Delete — Delete the current Food Serving.
◉ Change Number of Servings — Change the number of Servings for the current Food Intake Item.
◉ Change the Intake Date — Move the current Food Serving to another day. — This is extremely useful if you haven't been able to enter what you've eaten on the day it occurred; just simply enter it and then use this function to change to the date needed.
◉ Copy Intake Item to Today — Copy the current Food Serving to today.
The Customize section provides a means for you to create your own Custom Color Scale for each nutrient if desired.
The rotating images occasionally seen on the right, on the iPad only, are representative of the 25 different Food Groups designated by the USDA. You will typically see versions of these images whenever a food group is identified.
The user's personal data can be backed up and restored using iTunes on either a Mac or PC.
- January 23, 2013 Initial release
- January 28, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- January 29, 2013 New version 1.1
- January 31, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- February 04, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- March 02, 2013 New version 1.2
- March 10, 2013 New version 1.2.5
- March 18, 2013 New version 1.3
- March 20, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- March 22, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $3.99
- April 09, 2013 New version 1.4
- July 12, 2013 New version 2.0
- August 10, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- September 17, 2013 New version 2.1
- November 29, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 02, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 27, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- September 03, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 02, 2016 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99