148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: MY NAME IS MUDD :: Read Our Full Review >>
Mutant Mudds is a retro-style platformer that makes its way from 3DS, and shines with challenging platform gameplay, impressive pixel art, and kickin' chiptunes.
App Description100% - Touch Arcade.
100% - Slide To Play.
91% - IGN.
90% - 148Apps.
90% - Modojo.
KOTAKU'S "GAMING APP OF THE DAY!"
Renegade Kid's critically-acclaimed 12-bit platformer makes a splash on the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®!
Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds is a “12-bit” action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun!
Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.
Armed with a heavy-duty water cannon, Max has what he needs to vanquish his long-term nemesis: the Mutant Mudds. Max must blast and hover his way across the soiled landscape to seek out mysterious Water Sprites. Legend says collecting all of the mysterious Water Sprites will wash the filthy Mutant Mudds away for good!
• 60 hard-as-steel levels that span across 5 pixelated worlds and 8 unique neo-retro graphical themes.
• Includes 20 lip-smacking delicious ‘Grannie’ levels, specifically designed for veteran players who can master the main game.
• Jet between three 2D playfields and experience incredible sense-of-depth – a treat for the eyeballs.
• Unlock Grannie as a special playable character and harness the tri-power of all power-ups in a simultaneous powerful fashion.
• Amazing foot-stomping and booty-groovin’ chip-tune OST to snap your fingers and bob your head to.
• Discover a veritable plethora of secret doorways that transport you into classic gaming worlds of the past.
March 11, 2014 Price Decrease: $8.99 -> FREE!
April 01, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
December 06, 2012 Initial Release