== Staying secure in the sun ==
The days are long, the weather is warm, and in between the barbeques, pool parties, bonfires, and toasted marshmallows we’ve also put together a great update to your favorite security app. Join us in slapping on some sunscreen while we bask in the glow of this shiny new release, just for you! Oh, and if you’re in the southern hemisphere, consider this release a ray of sunshine to warm you.
== TL;DR ==
- You can now switch between vaults with two quick taps using our new vault switcher.
- Access Touch ID after canceling it with a handy new button on the Master Password screen.
- By popular demand, Credit Card items added to Apple Watch now include PIN codes.
- The main 1Password app and extension now share unlock settings: unlock once and you’re good to go!
- We’ve added a new and improved HTTP warning system to 1Browser, our built in web browser.
== Vault Switching ==
Accessing multiple vaults in 1Password just got a whole lot simpler! Just tap the icon in the upper left corner of the Favorites, Categories, or Organize tabs and pick the vault you’d like to switch to. We suggest you use all the time you save to celebrate with a nice cool ice cream cone (have an extra scoop for us!).
== Apple Watch ==
For those of you using Apple Watch to help you reach your next cookout on time, a happy day has dawned - your credit card entries will now display PIN codes. We also improved the way Apple Watch displays text and sprayed a couple of pesky bugs trying to impede your fun in the sun.
== Touch ID ==
It can be hard to use Touch ID when your fingers are covered in sunscreen. That’ll no longer be a problem when using the 1Password app extension, which will respect the lock timeouts you’ve set in the app. If you unlock 1Password using Touch ID, the main app will remember as long as you haven’t reached your lock timeout the next time you launch it.
Additionally, if you tap “Cancel” when you’re asked to provide your fingerprint to unlock your vault, you’ll have the option of bringing the Touch ID prompt back again. We call that a win!
== HTTP Warning ==
If you try to enter your username and password on an unsecured (HTTP) site when the URL you’ve saved is for a secure (HTTPS) site, 1Password will let you know. Extra security for extra peace of mind.
We’ve also made improvements to Large Type, updated translations, and more! To view the full changelog, check out app-updates.agilebits.com.
1Password never prompts you for a review because we value your workflow too much to interrupt it. If you feel generous or have a couple of minutes between pool parties, please leave a review. It makes a huge difference to us. Thank you in advance!
We love hearing from you! Get in touch with us at discussions.agilebits.com, @1Password on Twitter, and facebook.com/1Password.
Apple's App Store Best of 2014!
Have you ever forgotten a password? Do you reuse passwords?
1Password creates strong, unique passwords for every site, remembers them all for you, and logs you in with a single tap. 1Password is free. Start using it today!
YOUR SECURE INFORMATION, RIGHT ON YOUR WRIST
Keep your most important items at arm’s reach with 1Password for Apple Watch. Logins, Passwords, Secure Notes, One-Time Passwords and Credit Cards can all be sent to your watch for access at a moment’s notice.
YOUR LIFE, SECURED BY 1PASSWORD
1Password is a beautiful app that keeps all your vital information in one secure vault.
◆ Store your logins, credit cards, identities, and secure notes
◆ Log in to websites without having to remember any of your passwords
◆ Fill credit cards and identities without typing
◆ Quickly access your most used items using favorites
◆ Powerful search to find what you need fast
STAY SECURE WITH 1PASSWORD
Everything in your 1Password vault is protected by a Master Password that only you know. Here are just a few of the ways 1Password keeps you safe:
◆ Encrypts all your data using authenticated AES 256-bit encryption
◆ Auto-lock protects your vault even if your device is lost or stolen
◆ Touch ID allows quick, secure access
◆ Strong Password Generator creates strong, unique passwords for every site
◆ Syncs securely with your other iOS devices, as well as 1Password for Mac, PC, and more
EVERY DEVICE HAS EVERY LOGIN
Stay in control of your data and how it syncs between your devices.
◆ iCloud support provides secure syncing with Apple simplicity (iOS 8 and OS X 10.10)
◆ Dropbox support provides cross-platform syncing and sharing
◆ Wi-Fi Sync keeps your devices up to date (your data never leaves your local network)
YOUR NEW 1BROWSER
Browse your most important and sensitive websites within the privacy of 1Password’s powerful built-in browser.
◆ Use Go & Fill to launch 1Browser and automatically login to websites
◆ Easily access and fill your logins, identities, and credit cards from the Auto-fill menu
◆ Browse multiple sites at once using tabs
◆ 1Browser protects your browsing sessions behind your Master Password
UNLOCK THE FULL POTENTIAL OF 1PASSWORD
Upgrade to 1Password Pro and add many great additional features:
◆ Multiple and Shared vaults
- Collaborate securely between team members
- Share strong passwords with the whole family
- Automatic sync keeps everyone up-to-date
◆ Additional categories including driver’s license, passport and many more
◆ Organize your data into folders or browse by tags
◆ Customize your items with multiple URLs, custom fields and more
LOVED AND USED BY MILLIONS
◆ Recommended in Apple's "Apps for Getting Things Done" Guide
◆ Business Insider: One of The World’s Greatest 100 Apps
◆ Winner of The Mac Observer's Editors Choice Award
◆ Inducted into Macworld’s App Hall of Fame
◆ Award winning 1Password also available for Mac, PC, and more, sold separately
While we love these awards, we’re most proud of the fact that millions of people love and use 1Password every day.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
We love 1Password and strive to make it the best it can be. Connect with us with us at [email protected], @1Password on Twitter, and Facebook.com/1Password!
- December 13, 2012 Initial release
- December 16, 2012 New version 4.0.3
- January 12, 2013 New version 4.1
- January 14, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $17.99
- January 26, 2013 New version 4.1.1
- January 29, 2013 New version 4.1.2
- January 31, 2013 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $8.99
- February 04, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $17.99
- May 14, 2013 New version 4.2
- May 20, 2013 New version 4.2.1
- May 29, 2013 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $8.99
- June 18, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $17.99
- July 12, 2013 New version 4.2.2
- August 08, 2013 New version 4.2.3
- August 08, 2013 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $7.99
- August 19, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $17.99
- August 19, 2013 New version 4.2.4
- August 28, 2013 New version 4.2.5
- August 28, 2013 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $7.99
- September 11, 2013 New version 4.2.6
- September 14, 2013 New version 4.2.7
- September 17, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $17.99
- October 14, 2013 New version 4.3
- October 29, 2013 New version 4.3.1
- November 11, 2013 New version 4.3.2
- November 27, 2013 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $9.99
- December 07, 2013 Price increase: $9.99 -> $17.99
- December 20, 2013 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $9.99
- January 14, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $17.99
- April 10, 2014 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $8.99
- April 22, 2014 New version 4.5
- April 30, 2014 New version 4.5.1
- May 05, 2014 Price increase: $8.99 -> $17.99
- May 05, 2014 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $8.99
- May 05, 2014 Price increase: $8.99 -> $17.99
- May 30, 2014 New version 4.5.2
- June 27, 2014 New version 4.5.3
- August 07, 2014 Price decrease: $17.99 -> $9.99
- September 17, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> FREE!
- September 17, 2014 New version 5.0
- September 19, 2014 New version 5.0.1
- October 06, 2014 New version 5.1
- November 03, 2014 New version 5.1.1
- November 12, 2014 New version 5.1.2
- January 29, 2015 New version 5.2
- March 04, 2015 New version 5.2.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 5.4.1
- May 27, 2015 New version 5.4.2
- June 24, 2015 New version 5.4.3
- August 21, 2015 New version 5.5