148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
PlayART by Tapook is a nice creative app allowing users to create their own works of art using the backgrounds and details found in famous paintings.
What's NewIOS 7 Bug fixed to IOS 7 and little goodies.
App DescriptionThe award-winning â€śPlayART by Tapookâ€ť is full of new surprises.
More rich with 8 famous painters!
More creative with the new painting function!
More fun with new illustrations!
"When Art becomes childâ€™s play!"
Play, learn and create your masterpiece with elements taken from the original works of 8 masters: Katsushika Hokusai, Paul CĂ©zanne, Claude Monet, Henri Rousseau, Vincent Van Gogh, Gustav Klimt, Paul Klee e Amedeo Modigliani. Recreate the original painting or have fun composing your own work of art, just free the artist in you! Now you can painting with a selection artist colors!
PlayART is an educational tool which introduces children and grown-ups to the world of art in an enjoyable, stimulating and innovative way.
â€˘ WINNER of the Silver Lovie Award 2012 in the Education Apps â€˘
â€˘ WINNER of the Premio Sole24Ore 2012 in the Education Apps â€˘
â€˘ FIVE TOP APPS for Creative Kids selected by USA TODAY â€˘
â€˘ 50 BEST APPS for children, selected by the Guardian â€˘
Â« This clever art app combines art appreciation with creating artwork. (...) It is entertaining and exciting to use the masters' artistic bits in new ways. Â»
Â« Children play, learn and create all while having FUN, FUN, FUN! Â» www.teacherswithapps.com
Â« Isnâ€™t it about time 5-13 year-olds were given the chance to mash up Van Goghâ€™s sunflowers with Monetâ€™s waterlillies andÂ CĂ©zanneâ€™s fruit? Itâ€™s a fab idea! Â» www.appsplayground.com
1. Over 160 elements and 48 canvasses from the original paintings of Katsushika Hokusai, Paul CĂ©zanne, Claude Monet, Henri Rousseau, Vincent Van Gogh, Gustav Klimt, Paul Klee e Amedeo Modigliani.
2. Move, rotate resize, duplicate and arrange the elements however you like to create your artwork.
3. Paint with the new painting function.
4. Select elements as your â€śfavoritesâ€ť to create a new style and combine the art of the eight artists.
5. Save your painting in the â€śMy Musemâ€ť gallery with a title and your name.
6. Share your creations through Facebook or the iPad photo album.
7. Edit your saved paintings.
8. Protect little kids by disabling the Facebook button in the iPad settings.
9. Sound effects and original music composed specifically for PlayART Masters by the band La Metralli.
With our apps we want to offer a space for creative and stimulating play for children, which is also reassuring and easily manageable for adults.
All the buttons that open a web page or a social media have a control system. Before letting you access content outside of the app, the system requires a written sentence, a gesture wich is more articulated than a simple touch.
come to discover PlayARTworld.com a website entirely dedicated to apps which let you discover art through play and creativity. You will also find a small museum dedicated to young artists, and videos which will teach you tips and tell stories.
See you there!
October 09, 2013 New version 2.1
September 22, 2013 New version 2.0
April 16, 2013 New version 1.3.1
December 14, 2012 New version 1.3
December 01, 2012 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
June 27, 2012 Initial Release