- Changed text color of chapter names to make it easier to see which chapter is read or unread
- Better handling of double tapping to zoom in when reading manga
- Adjusting brightness in viewer now no longer affects device's brightness
- Fixed a bug that sometimes causes downloaded manga to be unreadable for some sources
- Fixed a bug that sometimes causes pop up ads shown in the app even when user has already purchased full version
- Various other fixes to improve the app's overall stability
Hi guys, we’re excited to announce that Manga Rock 3.0 is here! Our team has worked very hard on this major update, please read below to find out what’s new in this version:
The app is now much cleaner & easier-to-use. All the most-frequently-used features now have their own tabs for faster access: Catalog, Favorites, Recent, Downloads, and Settings.
The Manga Info View also gets a facelift with 3 separate sub-sections: Info, Chapters, and Related Manga. There’s a new “Read/Resume” button that lets you jump straight into reading, or resume from where you left off.
There’s a new sub-section in the Catalog called “Featured” alongside “All” & “New”. In “Featured”, we show you manga that are “Popular this week” or “Being read right now” on Manga Rock. We also show manga that are “Recommended for you” based on your reading history. That means the more you read, the better the recommendation becomes.
- “Book" mode: this new reading mode not only adds beautiful page-turning animations, making it feels as if you’re holding a real manga book in your hand, it also has some very cool new features.
+ Border color blend: In the “Book” mode, we automatically detect the page’s border majority color, and match the viewer’s background color to it for a more immersive reading experience.
+ Auto-page layout: on the iPad landscape mode, the viewer will detect if an image is a dual-page, and displays it as 2 separate pages.
- Individual page loading indicator: each page now has its own loading indicator
- New Chapter Browser: bigger, more beautiful, and much easier to use.
You can now get instantly notified whenever any of your favorited manga has new chapters.
If you’re logged into MR Cloud, you can now start reading on one device, and continue seamlessly on another. Just go to Recent > Other devices and choose whichever manga you wish to continue.
You can now tap on “Range Selection” in the Downloader, choose the starting & ending chapters to select everything between for download.
MARK READ/UNREAD AUTOMATICALLY
In the manga viewer, you can now swipe each chapter to manually mark it as “Read” or “Unread”.
We can now automatically detect whether what you’re reading is a webtoon (vertical-layout comics), and let you optimize the viewer just for reading webtoons.
We have also done a lot of other behind-the-scene, important work to ensure the app is now much more stable, with faster downloading speed, and less page loading errors etc.
Thanks for supporting us, we hope you enjoy reading with Manga Rock!
The NAB Team
Discover, Read, and Download thousands of manga for FREE!
AppAdvice - "The go-to app for thousands of manga titles"
iSource - "The whole experience is fast, fast, fast"
- Browse thousands of manga from 24 sources, in 7 languages
- Get recommended manga based on what you read
- See what others are reading and what is popular on Manga Rock
- View related manga of the current manga you are selecting
- Specially-made viewer deliver the best manga reading experience
- 3 reading mode: Horizontal, Vertical, and Book mode
- Advanced Settings accessible right in the viewer for deep customization
- While reading online, the next chapter will automatically be downloaded in the background
- Download manga back to your device to read later.
- Support concurrent multiple chapters download
- Smart speed optimizer to save battery & data usage
- Push Notification: get instantly notified when your favorite manga has new chapters
- Favorites: Manage manga that you love
- Recent: Pick up where you left off from your reading history
- Continuous Reading: Start on one device, finish on another seamlessly
- Manga Rock Cloud: backup & restore all your data for multi-device usage
DISCLAIMER: Due to copyrights, not all manga are available for US users!
- May 10, 2012 Initial release
- May 16, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- May 31, 2012 New version 1.1
- June 08, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- June 21, 2012 New version 1.2
- September 02, 2012 New version 1.3
- September 07, 2012 New version 1.3.1
- September 25, 2012 New version 1.3.2
- October 06, 2012 New version 1.4
- October 25, 2012 New version 1.4.1
- March 27, 2013 New version 1.5
- April 09, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- April 19, 2013 New version 1.5.2
- May 16, 2013 New version 1.5.3
- July 31, 2013 New version 1.5.4
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- October 07, 2013 New version 1.6.3
- December 19, 2013 New version 1.6.4
- January 30, 2014 New version 1.6.5
- February 01, 2014 New version 1.6.6
- February 16, 2014 New version 1.6.61
- March 31, 2014 New version 2.0
- April 02, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- April 10, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- April 26, 2014 New version 2.1
- May 12, 2014 New version 2.1.2
- August 01, 2014 New version 2.2
- September 19, 2014 New version 2.3
- September 22, 2014 New version 2.3.1
- November 14, 2014 New version 2.4
- December 06, 2014 New version 2.4.1
- April 14, 2015 New version 2.4.2
- July 29, 2015 New version 3.0
- August 03, 2015 New version 3.0.1