What's NewWe’re unleashing a triumvirate of great new features in this update! First up, a couple of smashing Cable Release Modes. We’ve got a Self-Timer mode for all you selfie addicts and photobooth enthusiasts, and a Quick Release mode for when you can’t afford to take your eyes off the subject. The Self-Timer couldn’t be any easier - tap in your desired delay, then hit the big red button! To use Quick Release mode, hold the button down, then release when you want the photo to be taken - perfect for posing models and waiting for just the right expression - or if you’re waiting for the planets to align through your telescope!
App DescriptionTriggertrap - Creative ways of triggering your camera. The Triggertrap Mobile app has a heap of sensors to trigger your camera in exciting ways and a range of tools to create beautiful timelapses.
Triggertrap Mobile’s sensor modes are all configurable so you can get trigger happy with your camera - any way you like! Triggertrap Mobile allows extreme exposure control, and enables you to push the boundaries of HDR photography.
• "A nifty addition to any photographer’s toolkit" - Trusted Reviews
• "[Combines] the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, affordable product.” - Shutterbug
Here are the ways you can get triggering:
• Sound sensor - clap, whistle or tap
• Vibration sensor - vibrations and earthquakes
• Motion sensor - detects movement. Catch people with their hand in the cookie jar!
• Peekaboo - facial recognition
• Timelapse - travel through time
• TimeWarp - timelapse with acceleration
• DistanceLapse - perfect for road trips
• Bramping - bulb ramping timelapse to keep your exposure smooth
• Star Trail mode - extreme exposure control to create stunning images of the night sky
• LE HDR - Long exposure HDR sets with up to 19 exposures
• LE HDR Timelapse - create timelapses with all the detail of HDR
Along with all of these, there are a variety of other cable release modes, including simple cable release, self timer, tap and hold, and timed exposures up to 100 hours long!
Triggertrap Mobile lets you put some distance between you and your camera too, with triggering over Wi-Fi when you connect two devices with the app installed!
Triggertrap Mobile includes a Solar Calculator, letting you know your local sunrise and sunset times, along with the times of first and last light. This calculator means you’ll always be on time to create stunning sunrise and sunset timelapses.
For many of the triggering modes, you can use the camera built into your phone, but if you want the full Triggertrap Mobile experience, you’ll need to hook it up to your SLR camera!
To connect your iOS device to your camera buy a Triggertrap Mobile Dongle separately. See the Triggertrap website for a list of supported cameras, and for more information. Currently more than 300 camera models are supported, with support added for new cameras all the time.
Long Exposure HDR (LE-HDR) mode supports shutter speeds from several hours down to 1/16th second, and can do up to 19 bracketed shots with 1/3, 1/2, 1 or 2 EV steps.
August 13, 2014 New version 2.6
July 06, 2014 New version 2.5
May 03, 2014 New version 2.3
January 29, 2014 New version 2.2
January 09, 2014 New version 2.1.3
November 19, 2013 New version 2.1.1
April 29, 2012 Initial Release