What's NewWelcome to our biggest update to Circa News *by far*. We've been super hard at work on it for quite a while and are excited to release it to you! If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or questions feel free to get ahold of us at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)! Now, on to the good stuff!
• We're so stoked about this feature. Wire is a new area of the app that consists of two things: a personalized Daily Brief from our editorial staff, and updates to stories that you may already be following.
• Now we make your followed updates super easy to read quickly by putting everything you haven't seen yet into a single fast-reading page.
Dynamic Daily Brief
• The President of the United States doesn’t need to read the news, he’s briefed on only the things that demand his attention. We figured why shouldn't everyone have that? Our editors will carefully curate the most meaningful stories of the day so you can have a Daily Brief delivered at a time that you choose!
• By far the most requested feature since we launched nearly two years ago and it's finally here! Search for stories that matter to you and give them a follow.
• You can now customize your main screen and Wire to only see the things you care most about – turn on or off any topic you'd like!
Filter Breaking News Alerts
• Don't want to see a sports-related breaking news alert? Just turn it off! We've made it really easy for you to tell us what news you want alerts about.
New ways to share
• Highlight any text you'd like to share and it will pop that text right in the message, with a link directly to that point!
• Now supporting iOS 8 sharing – any app that has external sharing features will now show up such as Instapaper, Tumblr, and Flipboard.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Support
• Enjoy the new Circa experience from the comfort of your giant-sized phones!
• We've teamed up again with Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer BT (https://twitter.com/bt), to produce a high quality suite of sounds that would fit perfectly with our new experience.
App Description*****App Store Best of 2013*****
Save time and stay informed. Circa is your personal news wire, delivering to you the most important stories the minute they happen, and enabling you to follow those that matter to you so you'll never miss what happens next!
Long news articles and small screens don't play well together. Circa's editors work hard to solve that problem by condensing the news and making it easier to read while on-the-go. Hunting for updates to a story you care about is also a thing of the past with Circa's new feature, Wire. Follow any story and any time Circa's editors have an update we'll notify you, showing you only what's new – no more repetitive reading!
In Circa News 3 we've added a brand-new feature we call Wire. Each day you'll get a Daily Brief that will have stories, carefully curated by our news team, but always up-to-date in the minute you read it. With Circa, you won't have to settle for stale news digests.
Don't work to get the news, let the news work for you! Our editors strive to make the news easier and faster to read, covering the day's Top Stories, and everything from World News to Technology to more Offbeat topics.
• Catch up quick – Never worry about intimidatingly long articles again! Circa's news team boils down stories to just the facts, keeping you informed and saving you time!
• Follow the news – Rather than constantly re-reading articles on the same subject, Circa News allows you to follow stories that you’d like to stay up with. We'll send you push notifications each time a story you follow has been updated!
• Never miss breaking news – Using Circa News is the easiest way to keep up with breaking news. We're very careful about what we consider breaking news, sending you a notification as events occur, then allowing you to follow stories as they develop.
• Get a Daily Brief with all of the most important stories, delivered to you at a time of your choosing.
• Share stories & points that you find interesting via Email, Messaging, or Facebook & Twitter.
• Circa’s news coverage is produced by our own editorial staff from the best sources, which we provide alongside each point if you're curious.
• Every pixel in the app, artfully crafted
P.S. We also love hearing from our readers! If you'd like to send in any feedback, just hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be sure to respond.
October 24, 2014 New version 3.0
January 29, 2014 New version 2.1
October 30, 2013 New version 2.0.2
October 14, 2013 New version 2.0.1
October 03, 2013 New version 2.0
September 26, 2013 New version 1.3.3
October 15, 2012 Initial Release