What's New- Integration of the 'Box' cloud service
Please remember to rate the app after each update. We love making our apps even better for our fans, so keep sending feedback and suggestions. Thanks for your support!
App DescriptionWord-2-Text converts Microsoft® Word® DOCX- and DOC-documents into plain text files. It is an essential addition for an unlimited mobile office.
Only a few apps can open Microsoft® Word®-documents, and most of them just display the content without giving the possibility to edit it. With Word-2-Text you can extract the content as plain text and transfer it to any app, or directly save or print the text.
* "Word-2-Text Converter showcases the perfect combination of utility and design." - Top rating on alphadigits.com (9/10)
* "An essential tool if you need to work with Microsoft Word formatted documents." - MacPrices.net
* "This new app is a nice addition for your mobile office." - myipadapps.com
* With TEXTKRAFT and other text processors:
You can import Word-documents to text editors that can not open those files, such as Textkraft, Writer and many others.
* With e-mail apps and Web browsers:
WebKit-based apps omit contents of a Word-document. The user can not see if someone left comments, foot- or endnotes in the document. This can lead to misinformation.
* With note-taking apps:
Word-documents can be saved in the most note-taking apps, but they can not be found within their full-text search. With Word-2-Text you can file the searchable text together with the Word-document. Also important for long-term filing: You don't necessarily need a Word program to access, read or edit the contents!
* With layouting-apps:
Use Word-2-Text together with layouting-apps if you want to preserve comments and chart-in-chart-structures (only with DOCX) in documents. If you directly import the document to the most common layouting-apps, it discards these contents.
* Range of functions:
• Processing Microsoft Word-documents (DOCX & DOC) from any platform.
• Data recovery: Reads many corrupted files which cannot be opened with Word anymore.
• Opening Word-documents directly from e-mail attachments.
• Receiving Word-documents from all apps that can share those.
• Loading Word-documents from Dropbox or iTunes® file sharing.
• Exporting text via clipboard, e-mail text, e-mail attachment, iCloud®, Dropbox or local filesystem.
• Passing on plain text directly to other apps.
• Variable font size with "pinching".
• Direct printing with AirPrint™.
• PDF export (IAP - only for iPad).
* Technical details:
• Word-2-Text supports MS-DOCX "Word Extensions to the Office Open XML (.docx) File Format"; which is the standard document format for Word 2008 and Word 2011 Macintosh and for Word 2007 and Word 2010 for Windows (and newer versions).
• Supports MS-DOC Word (.doc) Binary File Format; Word-97-2004-Document, which is compatible with Word 98 to Word 2004 Macintosh and Word 97 to Word 2003 for Windows.
• Creates UTF-8 compliant text as TXT files.
• Text formattings, images and other Word-options that can not be displayed with plain text, are naturally getting lost with the conversion. Whenever possible, tags will be used to reproduce the document structure. This way headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes and comments don't get lost.
Unfortunately it is not possible to respond to your comments when you put them in an App Store rating. But we care. So please contact our support in case of problems. We'll be happy to help you promptly.
February 05, 2014 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
February 03, 2014 New version 1.3
September 26, 2013 New version 1.2.1
June 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release