We cannot answer questions posted on the appstore so please use our discussion board instead.
• Universal App now supports iPhone and iPad
• Now post Pictures as well as Text to Facebook and Twitter
• Many Corrections and Updates
• New Design and layouts
• Various Bug fixes
• Requires IOS 7.1 and above
Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Lite is a great reference guide for some of the common fish found around the UK coastline.
Containing over 35 entries for helping the recreational angler when identifying fish caught from the shore, small boat or kayak
• Press Return to dismiss the banner advert from view
Main Scroll View can be optionally re-categorised by
• Family taxonomy
• Genus taxonomy
• Conservation status
• Includes a variety of useful information
Search features to help identify your catch
• Text search
- nb. Wildcards are supported, can search your own custom notes.
Sea Fish entries include
• Pinch to Zoom high quality image for each species
- nb. Select the image to use the zoom feature
• Detailed Description
• Specialised Information
• Other info as necessary such as image attribution, link to image source.
• Simplified Glossary
• Useful Website and References list
• Bookmark any entry to the Bookmark View
• Add Custom Notes to ANY entry
• Use the Counter feature to count sightings
Social features allow posting TEXT and PICTURES to your wall or feeds.
UPGRADE to the FULL version of Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing and gain the following features
• Contains over 170 records
• Picture gallery
- nb. Select image to open detail page.
• Group (called Shapes) search
• Historical catch rates
• Minimum landing sizes
• A Range and Height Finder.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern and Southern Hemispheres
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
• Extended Glossary
• Further Websites and References
• Remove the Banner Ad
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
Please contact us to discuss the app or raise support questions using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• [email protected]
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection for most features.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We cannot answer questions on the appstore, please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• Defra Commercial Minimum Landing Sizes (MLS) are quoted in the guide.
• Local river authority byelaws may apply for certain fish and these should be sought where ever necessary.
• IFCAs have replaced SFCs setting local bylaws and legal minimum retention sizes which should be sought from the listed regional IFCAs, see region map for your local IFCA.
• Mini species have not been included in this guide as they have low sport or culinary value to the recreational angler, where they have use as bait then they are included in the Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Bait and also many more smaller species may be found in our Pocket Guide to UK Seashore.
• ALL fish listed have been reported or documented as being caught from British waters.
- October 19, 2014 New version 2.4.1
- April 03, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- July 03, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- June 15, 2012 New version 1.9.2
- February 06, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!