What's NewImproved interface
iPhone 5 screen layouts
App DescriptionPocket Guide to UK Sea Fishing Lite is an introduction to some of the common fish found around the UK coastline.
Note: Please use the button labelled "Return" to dismiss the banner ad page.
Note: Please use our forums to provide any feedback, ask for assistance or help us improve the information found within our guides as we are unable to respond to or help with comments left on the appstore.
Containing over 30 records it is ideal for helping the recreational angler when identifying fish caught from the shore, small boat or kayak
The guide covers detailed information, distinguishing features and key points to aid identification along with images for most entries that can be zoomed for more detail.
Specialist views are provided such as search views based on text searches (wildcards are supported) and views that can be categorised by family and conservation status.
Facebook and Twitter capabilities allow posting to your wall or feeds.
Custom notes may be added to each entry along with a counter feature which may be used to track number of sightings.
A small selection of other information is included covering various fishing organisations and useful services along with links to their websites.
Upgrade to the full version of Pocket Guide to UK Sea Fishing which contains over 140 records, views of historical catch rates, commercial minimum landing sizes and shape searching along with other utilities such as a flashlight and compass, day and night weather prediction views for around the next 5 days, moon phases and sunrise/sunset, moon rise/set and twilight start/set are also provided to help with planning your fishing trip.
- Defra Commercial Minimum Landing Sizes (MLS) are quoted in the guide.
- Local river authority byelaws may apply for certain fish and these should be sought where ever necessary.
- IFCAs have replaced SFCs setting local bylaws and legal minimum retention sizes which should be sought from the listed regional IFCAs, see region map for your local IFCA.
- Mini species have not been included in this guide as they have low sport or culinary value to the recreational angler, where they have use as bait then they are included in the Pocket Guide to UK Sea Fishing Bait and also many more smaller species may be found in our Pocket Guide to UK Seashore.
- ALL fish listed have been recorded or documented as being caught from British waters.
April 03, 2013 New version 2.0.6
July 03, 2012 New version 2.0.1
June 16, 2012 New version 1.9.2
February 06, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
January 30, 2012 Initial Release