Updated for iOS 8
Sale on all Peek 'n Play Apps until March 6th!!!
The Penelope Rose, Year of the Dragon, Rosita y Conchita, Billy the Unicorn, The Furniture is Alive, Chug the Bug, The Gwaii
• • • Featured by Apple in the Mac App Store and recommended by PadGadget and Digital Storytime • • •
A family's vacation goes bananas when a perfect storm tosses their skipper's tiny boat off course. Now seven castaways are stranded on an uncharted island!
Finnegan, his sister, parents and dog Howl venture into the wild and encounter a menagerie of colorful monsters. Can these hardy survivors befriend seven beasts straight from their wildest imaginations?
Whimsical and lushly layered illustrations invigorate a zootopia of mythical creatures like the Yowie and Ogopogo. Adventurous readers will take a trip they'll never forget, since being lost was never so fantastic!
Praise for the 3D Story App:
• "At first glance, the new Monster Isle app looks like just another simple way to entertain your kids. But dig deep into this digital children’s book and you’ll find a wealth of treasures. If you’re looking for a teaching tool that’s both fun and functional, this is definitely worth the money. It will keep young readers entertained (and educated) for hours." - PadGadget
• "Mobad Media has once again brought a 3D book app to the iPad for a storytelling adventure your child will not soon forget. Children will love the stunning 3D enhancements, but underneath all the special effects lies a great story with a delightful surprise ending. Recommended." - Digital Storytime
Praise for the hardcover release:
• "It's a charming introduction to crytozoology for very young children, with the polysyllabic words they seem to enjoy, and gorgeously illustrated. And it has positive messages aplenty: man and manimal can live in harmony; you create your own fears; and working cooperatively is rewarding. If, as an adult, you have to read the same story every single night till your sanity gives way, this will be more pleasant than 99 per cent of the competition." - Val Stevenson, Fortean Times
• "The words tell a fun and adventurous tale, yet it is certainly Jeff Miracola's illustrations that bring this story and it's beasts to life. I love that the Yowie (Australian Bigfoot) makes an appearance! This is definitely a book with kid appeal!" - The Children's Book Review
• "The artwork is simply amazing!" - Michelle Raimo, animated film producer
• "Here is a book that is geared towards kids, but embraces the adventurer in all of us. It's a quick read, one that will most likely please those youngsters who are just forming an interest in comics. Perfect bed time story reading material." - Ain't It Cool News
• "Jeff's work has fascinated me since we first met while working on games like Dungeons & Dragons. His art and imagination were cutting-edge then, and what he brings to the children's book world is cutting-edge now." - Tony DiTerlizzi, co-creator of The Spiderwick Chronicles
• "If I were a zombie, Jeff Miracola's brain would top my list of things to eat. And this book would be dessert." - Scott M. Fischer, illustrator of The New York Times bestseller Peter Pan in Scarlet
• "Read To Me" highlights the words to improve reading skills
• "I Can Read" allows reading at your own pace
• Individual words can be tapped and multiple words selected to hear that section of the story played back
• Interactive surprises and hidden objects on every page
• Hints can be turned on to assist in finding interactive thingamabobs
• Auto Play available if you want to watch the story unfold like a movie
• Interactive map with descriptions of the mythical beasts
Mobad Games is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10, all
Categories: Book, Reading, Sight Words
- October 20, 2014 New version 1.3
- December 06, 2013 New version 1.2
- March 06, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- February 28, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- February 28, 2013 New version 1.1
- March 16, 2012 Initial release