What's New- Updated the app ID so that reviews in the app store will be applied to the right place for Ace My Language - Farsi.
We appreciate your feedback!
App Description"The comprehensive language tutorial package developed by Jabra F. Ghneim has proven to be an invaluable tool for students of the language. His work, which involves a vast amount of critical listening and reading question and answer exercises, has proven to be vital to the student that is required to grasp a wide range of global language knowledge. Mr. Ghneim has developed a masterful project that keenly recognizes the necessities for basic and expert understanding of the language. The material is interwoven from subject to subject which enables the student to quickly transcend all subject matter barriers of learning a foreign language."
- Jason E., Linguist, US Navy
"I'm impressed with this and I do recommend it. It is not a "learn Farsi" app. It's an improvement tool for folks who already have some Farsi. It is very well focused specifically on improving DLPT performance. Casting a wide net in newspapers and internet and reading widely is another approach. But in this app Mr. Ghneim has already cast that wide net for you and collected the material in an easy to use format - plus taken the extra step of constructing DLPT-like questions about the material. He is clearly familiar not only with the kinds of materials that go into a DLPT, but also with the kinds of questions that are constructed around those materials."
- Devin H. USAF
This is the first edition of ACE My Language: Farsi, the only mobile app to prepare military, government and college language students for their Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) V in Farsi. The DLPT is a crucial test that measures the language knowledge of people who want to work in the US government with a focus on the Farsi-speaking Middle East. The app prepares students for the test and for their jobs. Guaranteed to increase your score on the exam. Includes up to 150 articles from authentic Farsi sources and corresponding native audio for each passage. This app is used at West Point, The Defense Language Institute, Foreign Service Institute and other military language schools around the country.
This is the ultimate resource you or your students will need to prepare for your job requirements as a translator, analyst or simply to prepare for standard Farsi language tests that examine your listening and reading skills. It is also a great resource for Farsi students in an academic environment or those studying Farsi independently to pass Farsi standard tests as administered by government agencies or academic institutions. Immerse yourself in Farsi like never before to get the results you want and improve your score.
This app will provide you with:
* Up to hundreds of challenging passages, questions, and audio passages by a native speaker of Farsi simulating the actual DLPT format for real practice testing experience (six articles are included in the free distribution and others are available through in-app purchase).
* Up to several questions per article to simulate the multi-question approach of the DLPT 5 in Farsi
* Live material from various open media sources covering all DLPT content objectives including economics, politics, science, technology, geography, culture, social, military, and security.
* Comprehensive exposure to critical terminology and vocabulary, both familiar and unfamiliar, in various contexts, to increase your overall vocabulary and to improve your ability to infer and deduce meaning.
* Material of varying levels of complexity, including Farsi and foreign names of people and places, to challenge your listening and reading comprehension.
* Several hours of articles spoken in native Farsi for deep exposure in a variety of topics.
Find us at "Ace My Language" on Facebook or at www.LuckyDogApps.com/acemylanguage
December 08, 2011 New version 1.1
December 02, 2011 Initial Release