tl;dr: Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Our learners are the best–they leave so many reviews like, "Hey, Khan Academy! I love you & your app so much BUT..."
and then they tell us gently how sad they are that they ran into a bug.
So this is the first of several updates to try to alleviate suffering, so you can get right back to sharpening your skills in Renaissance art reconnaissance AND multi-variable calculus.
* More careful saving of your progress–if you struggle through a mastery challenge and emerge victorious, we'll not only celebrate with you but also remember that you did it!
* Fewer crashes
* Fewer main-thread locks (which means you spend less time poking at the app and wondering why it all seems frozen)
* More hope
Keep sending us feedback (khanacademy.zendesk.com is a pretty good place to start) and we'll see you back here soon with some more bug fixes & performance improvements <3
*** New on iPad only: Over 150,000 exercises with instant feedback ***
Khan Academy allows you to learn almost anything for free.
New in our iPad app, you can:
- Sharpen your skills: over 150,000 interactive, Common Core aligned math exercises are included with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Follow along with what you’re learning in school or practice at your own pace.
- Flex your muscles: the app adjusts to give you interactive exercise recommendations that are tailored just for you through the world of math.
- Show your work: the app harnesses the power of writing down your thoughts as you problem-solve with a beautiful, expansive scratchpad. Once you have your answer, just write it in, and we’ll recognize your handwriting (powered by MyScript)!
- Track your learning: your learning auto-magically syncs between your iPad and khanacademy.org, so your progress and recommendations are always up-to-date, anywhere, anytime.
On both our iPad and iPhone apps, you can:
- Watch all of our 5,000+ videos
- Read articles on topics from Art History to Coach & Classroom Resources
- Download videos to watch offline at your own pace
Learn using videos, interactive exercises, and in-depth articles in math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and even the humanities with playlists on art history, civics, finance, and more.
Spend an afternoon brushing up on statistics. Discover how the Krebs cycle works. Learn about the fundamentals of music notation. Prepare for the upcoming SAT, GMAT, or MCAT. Or, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, learn how fire stick farming changed the landscape of Australia.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology—Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Head over to www.khanacademy.org to learn more.
- March 14, 2015 New version 2.0.2
- January 29, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- January 21, 2015 New version 2.0
- February 13, 2014 New version 1.4
- January 25, 2014 New version 1.3.7
- December 14, 2013 New version 1.3.6
- December 03, 2013 New version 1.3.5
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.3.4
- August 16, 2013 New version 1.3.3
- August 04, 2013 New version 1.3.2
- July 19, 2013 New version 1.3.1
- July 05, 2013 New version 1.3.0
- May 23, 2013 New version 1.2.3
- May 21, 2013 New version 1.2.2
- November 29, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- November 24, 2012 New version 1.2
- May 26, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- April 24, 2012 Initial release