* iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus users can use 3D Touch and press on the Scout icon to get Quick Action shortcuts for instant directions to home & work and search nearby locations
* iOS9 users can now use Scout to find directions to key locations using spotlight search
* Squashed bugs - We’ve been working on fixing reported bugs and stability issues. Let us know how we’re doing at [email protected]
Scout - the only app that lets you chat, plan Meet Ups, share your ETA and get turn-by-turn GPS voice directions. Now you can navigate, coordinate and communicate without the hassle of multiple apps. Find the best route with real time traffic and commute alerts. Customize your directions with a swipe of a finger. Keep in touch on the road with voice chat and messaging. Instantly share your location, route and ETA with the friends from your contact list. Set up home and work locations to get traffic alerts so you know when to leave. iPhone 6 users and above can use 3D Touch to get Quick Action shortcuts to key features. Create a Meet Up to send to friends and coordinate together. Make a pit stop on your route and find the cheapest gas, restaurants and other local amenities all while avoiding police speed traps, accidents and traffic jams along the way.
New! For iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus users - 3D Touch Quick Actions – Press the Scout app icon and instantly navigate to home and work or search for nearby locations.
New! iOS 9 spotlight search – Now Scout helps you find top local destinations from your phone’s search. Discover the fastest route to top points of interest, national stores, airports and other key amenities including gas, restaurants, airports, parking and more.
Share ETA – Pick your route and share your ETA easily with one or more contacts in a single tap. Scout suggests your most frequently used contacts to share with while on the road.
Say hello with Voice Chat – Send one-touch voice chat or text messages to your Meet Up group. Only those invited will be able to send and receive messages.
Customize your route – Use our slick one-swipe design to modify sections of the turn-by-turn directions to keep you moving.
Navigate easily – Keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel with turn-by-turn voice guided GPS directions.
Beat traffic – Real time traffic and live speed updates help you find the best and quickest route to avoid gridlock.
Always be on time – Receive notifications when traffic is slower than usual on your daily commute home or to work. Get reminders one hour before your Meet Up event is set to begin and as your guests arrive.
Connect with others – Create a Meet Up, choose your time and location and invite your friends. Attendees will get alerts for when to leave to get there on time.
Get live ETAs – Scout shows when Meet Up attendees are on the move with real-time ETAs on the map. Now you’ll always know when a friend is late and whether “five minutes away” really means “I haven’t left yet.”
Do it your way – Save your customized route preferences, favorite map views and schedule personalized commute departure alerts for home and work.
Make a pit stop – Discover new places along your route for the cheapest gas, restaurants for a bite to eat or other amenities.
Never get lost— Scout, powered by OpenStreetMap (OSM), provides the most up-to-date map information with updates from a community of more than 1.6 million editors. You can download offline maps for a fee to always know where you’re going when your signal is spotty.
Got feedback? - We want to hear from you! Our support team is here to help. Follow us on Twitter, @Scout, and hit us up with questions or comments. You can join our community at https://ourcommunity.scout.me
Stay in the know - Connect with us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Vine.
-- What’s the word on Scout?
NEW! - Scout wins 2015 Best Lifestyle App from Mobile App Awards
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable
“Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.
- April 24, 2012 Initial release
- August 15, 2012 New version 22.214.171.124
- September 13, 2012 New version 126.96.36.199
- September 21, 2012 New version 188.8.131.52
- November 20, 2012 New version 184.108.40.206
- December 07, 2012 New version 220.127.116.11
- January 08, 2013 New version 18.104.22.168
- February 22, 2013 New version 22.214.171.124
- March 29, 2013 New version 126.96.36.199
- May 10, 2013 New version 188.8.131.52
- June 07, 2013 New version 184.108.40.206921
- July 18, 2013 New version 220.127.116.11404
- September 20, 2013 New version 18.104.22.168204
- October 22, 2013 New version 22.214.171.124912
- December 05, 2013 New version 126.96.36.199901
- December 17, 2013 New version 188.8.131.52046
- February 08, 2014 New version 184.108.40.206894
- February 21, 2014 New version 220.127.116.11039
- April 17, 2014 New version 18.104.22.168290
- April 24, 2014 New version 22.214.171.124283
- November 14, 2014 New version 126.96.36.199528
- December 03, 2014 New version 188.8.131.52478
- January 08, 2015 New version 1.18.3
- April 15, 2015 New version 2.1.0
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- May 02, 2015 New version 2.2.0
- May 14, 2015 New version 2.3.0
- May 28, 2015 New version 2.4.1
- June 10, 2015 New version 2.5.0
- June 28, 2015 New version 2.6.0
- July 18, 2015 New version 2.7.0
- August 14, 2015 New version 2.7.1
- September 13, 2015 New version 3.0.0
- September 16, 2015 New version 3.1.0
- September 29, 2015 New version 3.2.0