What's New★ Woodcraft now natively supports the iPhone 5
★ Major improvements to the Project Booklet functionality:
・All 6 views are now displayed
・Control lumber transparency and grayscale printing through the App's settings page
・Shows author information on the cover page
・Improve your cover page design by generating the booklet from an orbit camera
● Select all pieces of lumber from a cut board through the information dialog
● Added support for external Bluetooth keyboards while renaming projects
● Resolved a situation where the hand saw could corrupt lumber
● Various stability improvements
App Description"...every now and then an app comes along that captures our imagination..."
"Woodcraft is a great tool if you're familiar with CAD and 3D modelling."
"…Woodcraft is the measure twice, cut once app of apps…"
"...stuck in a waiting room and want to visualize your latest carpentry concept? There’s an app for that: Woodcraft..."
"...This is a useful tool not only for the professional builder but can tackle your home woodworking projects also..."
Woodcraft is designed to help professional and budding carpenters draft their next masterpiece. Combining elements of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and 3D modeling in a delightful and intuitive package, Woodcraft can tackle any woodworking project: from decks to benches, furniture to backyard sheds. Woodcraft enables you to completely design your next project.
- Shop with confidence using the fully-automated Bill of materials.
- Design in 2D or 3D and seamlessly switch between both views. Our intuitive view navigation system solves usability problems common in similar applications.
- Align, rotate and move lumber precisely with the extensive grid settings.
- Create your own lumber types when the app doesn't provide them by default.
- Work with rough or finished lumber. When using finished lumber, a 2" x 4" correctly measures 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" while in rough lumber mode it will measure 2" x 4".
- Measure distances and refer to the on-screen measurements when building your project. Precision can be as fine as 1/64th of an inch!
- Work in metric or imperial units.
- Use tools such as the hand saw or table saw to cut lumber graphically and precisely.
- Generate a Project Booklet, which can then be e-mailed, printed to any AirPrint connected printer or opened in any application that supports PDF documents.
- Transfer your projects by email or iTunes between iOS devices: Woodcraft is a universal app.
- Download and share projects with the Woodcraft community in the online gallery and gain Twitter followers in the process.
* Please note that a Twitter account is not required to use Woodcraft. Only those that wish to upload to the online gallery need Twitter access.
- Available in English, French, Spanish and Italian.
* Online guides, tutorials and documentation is available only in English.
February 01, 2013 New version 1.6
September 18, 2012 New version 1.5.2
August 16, 2012 New version 1.5.1
August 03, 2012 New version 1.5
March 30, 2012 New version 1.4
March 02, 2012 New version 1.3.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release