148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: ROCK ON :: Read Our Full Review >>
Discover and explore a new band through tons of content every day.
What's New• Fix bugs
• Update Twitter handle to @bandoftheday
App DescriptionApp of the Year 2011 Runner Up
Band of the Day unearths the best new music by delivering one new artist a day, every single day. Through expert curation, free music (commercial-free and uninterrupted), a stunning user interface, videos, photographs, biographies, and more, we help you discover your new favorite band.
Not only can you listen to today’s band, with free full-play songs, you can also explore an archive of nearly one thousand previously-featured bands. Or, using the Similar Bands radio function, select a band you like and the app will automatically play a stream of continuous music in that genre when backgrounded.
Band of the Day (App of the Year 2011 Runner Up in the Apple AppStore) is available to download for free, worldwide, on any iOS device. Listen, discover, share.
• Band of the Day is a 100% free service worldwide, no country limitations, no subscription required and no audio ads
• App of the Year (2011) Runner Up, iPhone and iPad App of the Week, iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, New York Times: Top 10 Apps of 2011, and featured in TechCrunch, Los Angeles Times, The Guardian, CNN, Chicago Tribune, Gizmodo, and more
• Access hundreds of previously-featured bands and thousands of songs from all over the world, across genres
• Enjoy over 5 hours of uninterrupted listening with the Mix Tape, which features 100+ of the app’s top-rated songs
• Built-in Airplay support
• Share your new favorites via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail
July 07, 2014 New version 3.1.5
December 01, 2013 New version 3.1.4
November 21, 2013 New version 3.1.3
September 22, 2013 New version 3.1.2
December 28, 2012 New version 3.0.2
November 13, 2012 New version 3.0.1
September 14, 2011 Initial Release