What? Another update? Wasn't Gym Hero 2.0 just released? Yes it was. And here is:
Gym Hero 2.2 the "we hear you" release:
- We made the start screen nicer and painted some walls
- In the workout summary, you see last time's performance for each set (if you have the upgrade)
- FIXED: receipt validation for 'restore purchases'
- FIXED: workout note was missing in summary of finished workouts
- FIXED: keyboard overlapping exercise name list
- FIXED: occasional errors in statistics screen
Tip of hat to Shekhar for helping us out with Gym Hero 2.0 In case you're still on Gym Hero 1, here's what was new
*** GYM HERO 2.0 ***
Boom shakalaka! Here's Gym Hero 2.0 and it's a free upgrade. First we fixed the crashes then we added this cool new stuff:
New overall design:
We focused on making the app easier to understand, easier to use and more pleasant to look at. Basically, we took out the trash and cleaned the whole place up.
We made the app so super blazing fast that even on an iPhone 4S with iOS 7 it's a pleasure to use. No worries though, we've got you covered for anything from the iPhone 6+ to iOS 9.
Workout summary card:
After each completed workout, you'll get a summary card highlighting the key metrics of your workout. There’s also a heat map of your body that shows which muscle groups you've trained in that workout. These cards look so good you'll want to share them to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or even send them to your friends via WhatsApp. Luckily, you can do this right in the app.
New workout logging screen:
Oh boy, remember the spinners to enter your workouts? They're gone. We came up with a unique keypad based solution that still has both the smarts and the convenience factor of the old, trusted system. You can still log the WHOLE WORKOUT with A SINGLE THUMB and it's even easier than before.
New exercise/workout name finder:
We revamped the way you pick exercise or workout names. Now, we'll present you with an alphabetical list of all names you've used so far whenever you need to name something. Typing two or three letters instantly slims down the list to names matching your search. This autocomplete is the fastest way to enter names. Personally, I actually enjoy entering names like this, but that might just be me.
Planned workout section:
We know that some of you like to plan workouts ahead, so we added a workout scheduler. The new “Planned workouts” section then collects all workouts that are not marked as finished or are scheduled for a future date.
Startup crash fixed:
Last but not least! A lot of you suffered from a bug where the app would crash right after starting. We’re very sorry. That bug was extremely hard to reproduce (none of our test devices had it). We even met with a couple of our users to hook up their phones to our laptop and see the bug in its natural habitat.
That bug is now squashed. Sorry it took so long. We’re just two guys doing this in our spare time and we’re kind of lacking spare time since we both became daddies. If you gave us a bad review in the App Store because of the crash, that’s cool - but it would absolutely rock if you could update your review if you like this version :)
Track workouts and boost your progress with Gym Hero! Now with Apple Health Kit support!
No more getting lost in long lists of workouts and exercises! Log your routines and keep track of your progress. Select sets, weight and repetitions in seconds. Gym Hero's simple structure doesn't distract you and will guarantee an optimum usage while working out. It is completely customizable which makes Gym Hero a must have for ambitious fitness junkies.
- *NEW* fitty.co online locker for deep workout analytics
- iCloud backup
- Easy to use: Single thumb friendly
- Create and save an unlimited number of routines
- Create and save an unlimited number of exercises
- A summary for every finished workout (total weight, reps, workout time etc.)
- App customizes itself to your routines
- Share workouts: Facebook, Twitter and Runkeeper integration
- Email feature: Share workouts with personal trainers, clients or friends
- Workout statistics (total weight/reps/sets/workouts over time and for every muscle group), total/average workout time and more!
- Stretch and rest timer
- Autofill of every set of the last workout
- Data export (CSV)
Try Gym Hero today and let us know what you think. We will listen to every single user in order to improve Gym Hero for you!
- February 12, 2013 Initial release
- February 22, 2013 New version 1.7.1
- July 13, 2013 New version 1.7.3
- July 19, 2013 New version 1.7.4
- August 29, 2013 New version 1.8.0
- November 26, 2013 New version 1.9.0
- November 28, 2013 New version 1.9.2
- January 10, 2014 New version 1.9.4
- January 18, 2014 New version 1.9.6
- April 01, 2014 New version 1.9.8
- April 19, 2014 New version 1.9.12
- April 24, 2014 New version 1.9.14
- October 21, 2014 New version 1.9.16
- January 04, 2015 New version 1.10.0
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.11
- September 17, 2015 New version 2.0
- October 05, 2015 New version 2.2