What's NewVersion 1.1
-Bug Fix: sometimes the toggle switch in the settings tab regarding submitting online did not display what had been selected, even though the choice was actually being honoured.
-Code Fix for IOS 5.0 - fixed OK button to get out of the grand total view.
-Minor corrections to spelling in error messages
-Added 12 new images
New Feature: Remind Me
The child will be reminded to submit online only if these conditions are all true:
1) the device is connected to the internet
2) the option to be reminded is selected (this is on by default in this update, but can be turned off in the settings);
3) they have not been reminded in at least 3 days, and
4) there are more than 5 kind acts that have been completed that have not already been submitted online.
The idea is not to pester the child, merely remind them.
And a reminder here for parents that NO personal data is submitted when they submit the act to the grand total.
App DescriptionKind Kids is the first app to help children learn about acts of kindness that they can do themselves.
Every day, the child will be presented with a random act of kindness they can do for themselves, their friends, their family, their teachers, their community, or even the environment. Each act is accompanied by a random picture of something interesting or nice to look at. The child is presented with two choices: "I promise" or "Pick again". If they choose "I promise", the app keeps track of promises made (kind acts done), so the child knows how many kind things they have done overall. If they choose "pick again", another choice is presented. They can pick up to 4 things every day, but then they will have to wait about half a day before they get more choices. Occasionally, a "gold star" act will appear. These are acts that take a little extra special effort, or take more time to do or learn to do. If the child promises to do one of these, they get a Gold Star. There are 16 of these to earn. In addition, when a certain number of kind acts have been done, the child earns a bronze, silver, or gold heart.
If the device has an internet connection, a few more possibilities are available:
1) the child can choose to "peek at the grand total" to see how many acts have been done in total by all the children using this app (no finding out who has done the most - the point is not to compete against one another, but to work together to make the grand total bigger and spread the kindness!). The total is also available on our website.
2) the child can choose to add their own acts to the grand total. (This is turned off by default, and must be turned on in 'options' for this to work. Acts are stored on the device when turned off, and can be added at any time by turning the option on.
3) if the child has an idea for a kind act we haven't thought of, they can email our company with the idea right from the device (if email is enabled), and we may choose to add it in a future update. (Note that we will always ask the permission of a parent or guardian before doing this.)
Spread the kindness!
March 05, 2012 New version 1.12
July 29, 2011 New version 1.02
June 02, 2011 New version 1.0.1
May 24, 2011 Initial Release