- New reverse chordfinder, that allows you to select the notes on the fretboard!
- Instrument changes now reset the chordfinders.
Tired of all those chordfinder apps that just give you the standard results every app gives you? Fretter is the new kid on the block. And it's great. Ugly, but great!
We didn't sit behind our computers typing in all those chord diagrams, no we spent our time better. We came up with a way to give you lots of great correct diagrams, without needing us to do boring stuff: Fretter teaches your iPhone basic musictheory and with that knowledge it has the power to give you every possible diagram there is. Want to see how to play Cmaj7/F# on a Guitar with a Dropped D tuning? Fretter knows how to search for it! (We didn't try, but if it's possible to play, it will definitely show up. Yes, we're lazy. :) )
Still, Fretter is great. And it does awesome stuff like reverse chord lookup (for the creative geniuses among you), and you can also strum the diagrams to hear how they sound. Easy if you want to find the perfect sounding Dmaj9 or whatever strange chord you need!
So, what are you waiting for? Fretter!
For a more formal description, please continue reading.
Looking for ways to play all those chords on your guitar, banjo, ukulele or mandolin? Interested in a reverse lookup function? Fretter: the ultimate chordfinder!
Fretter doesn't rely on a database with diagrams, instead it calculates all the possible diagrams for a given chord/instrument/tuning combination. It's algorithm is optimized to only present to you the chords that you can actually play as a human.
Because Fretter is build this way, you can select any tuning and still have all the possible chords presented to you.
You can easily select a basic or advanced chord, optionally with added bassnote, and go to the diagrams. Each diagram has extra information about the chordnotes and the intervals used.
A very nice feature is the audio playback. You can hear how the chord variations sound so you can easily select which variant you like the most.
Also included is a reverse lookup option. Nice if you are a bit adventurous and you are coming up with your own chords on your instrument, but don't know how they are called. Fretter can help you here by providing you with the correct naming.
If you are looking for a chord reference app: this is what you need.
"Where this app stands out though, is not in its vast reference of chords; it is in it’s reverse look up option."
4/5 stars on AppAdvice.com
* Support for Guitar, 4,5-string Banjo, Ukulele, Mandolin
* 50+ chordtypes
* Tunings: 75+ predefined and custom.
* Added bassnote (C/D)
* Audio Playback
* Reverse lookup
* Chord Intervals
* Note Names
Please contact us by email if you experience a bug!
- June 21, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- June 17, 2011 New version 1.2
- May 18, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- May 08, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- April 29, 2011 New version 1.1
- April 24, 2012 Initial release
- October 05, 2012 New version 1.3.2
- November 07, 2012 New version 1.3.3
- November 21, 2012 New version 1.4
- December 04, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- December 11, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 17, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 04, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99