For Quick Measure
-Drag and Drop pins
-tap and hold on map to add location
Have you ever been in that situation where you needed to estimate a distance but had to use your footsteps as a measurement device, or perhaps you’ve gone exploring in a new city and forgotten how to get back to where you started. Magic Measure has you covered! With Magic Measure you can measure the distance between two or more locations simply by holding your phone in each location and pressing a button. It’s great for measuring property boundary lines and the “close” button automatically closes out a measurement by creating a new location point identical to the first.
Where Magic Measure really shines, though, is its ability to automatically collect location points at regular intervals, even while it’s not open on your screen. So, simply create a new measurement group, start it up and then go for your hike, bike ride, or exploration in that exciting new city and when you’re finished Magic Measure will have tracked your progress and will display your path of travel on the map. No need to delete it for tomorrows bike ride either, just create a new measurement group or email the location points to yourself and archive them on your computer.
- Save any number of unique paths (no need to delete previous paths)
- Email list of location points in .csv format (spread sheet)
- Device can be set to automatically drop breadcrumbs at regular intervals (even when app is not in use), or manually
- Settings can be uniquely set for each saved measurement group
- View can be displayed in satellite, hybrid, or map view
- Both imperial and metric
- Ability to pause automatic breadcrumbing
For Best Results:
- Use outdoors
- Allow a few seconds for your device to zero in on your location before adding a point, especially first point (device narrows down from city, general area, specific area)
- Magic Measure requires an iPhone running iOS 4.0 or greater (multitasking support is required for automatic breadcrumbs while app is not active)
- This app is only as accurate as the information it is able to gather from external sources and should be viewed as an estimate only.
EMAIL US: [email protected]
LIKE US: facebook.com/CrazyTalkinc
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/CrazyTalkinc
WATCH US: youtube.com/CrazyTalkinc
- July 22, 2011 Initial release
- December 09, 2011 New version 1.1.0