What's NewEnhancements and improvements
App DescriptionSeatbelts everyone! Go on a wild ride certified with Ms. Frizzle and class to explore ocean life on the iPad!
Based on the book The Magic School Bus: On the Ocean Floor written by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen, this interactive storybook app is teeming with science facts, videos, photos and games. In comic book style format, readers engage in an active reading experience as they discover plant and animal life, coral reefs, the ocean floor and more. Touch an animal in the ocean to watch a video or learn a fun fact. Every page of this fantastical Magic School Bus adventure features an interaction to extend the reading experience. When the reading adventure is complete, children can play a fast-paced game to earn points for more science facts and to travel to other areas of the ocean!
•Embodies the “open exploration” essence of The Magic School Bus – which encourages kids to “take chances, make mistakes…and get messy!”
•Takes more advanced facts from the book and brings them to life so kids can manipulate variables and see cause and effect in action.
•“Touch & Tilt” animated interactions make it easy for children to engage with the story:
- Touch the words to hear the story and then touch again to pause and touch speech bubbles to hear what characters are saying.
- Within 7 interactive science explorations, touch characters, animals or objects to watch a fun animation and see science concepts come to life.
- Tilt to see underwater bubbles that grant access to 26 real photos and 11 videos of underwater animals and plant life.
•Narration & Music:
- Features over 20 individual voices plus original music and sound effects bring the story to life – meaning you don’t have to know how to read to enjoy The Magic School Bus!
- Features 1 highly re-playable game that includes over 20 animals in which children can play to earn points for more science facts and to travel to other areas of the ocean.
•Includes hundreds of facts about underwater life.
•Individual words highlight as they are read aloud to aid reading skills; settings options allow independent readers to turn off music and narration, access mini-games and go to a specific page in the story.
May 19, 2012 New version 1.5
January 12, 2012 New version 1.4
November 16, 2011 New version 1.3
December 29, 2010 Initial Release