What's NewNew features:
- Voila runs smoothly on 10.9.
- Voila 3.6 is now sandboxed.**
- Voila is now localized to support German.
- A revamped Text tool to make screenshots express itself much better.
- Addition of knobs to the Capture and Object tools for easy maneuverability.
- A re-tooled Export panel for videos on Macs running OS X 10.7 and above.
- In the webpage capture, find your captures faster with the unified search bar.
Performance and Quality enhancements:
- Retention of tool properties has been added.
- Renaming images will no longer render the thumbnail blank.
- Zoom value and slider position for images will be remembered.
- A bug causing H.264 video record pixelation has been quashed.
- Improved handling of low disk space issues during a lengthy video recording.
- A bug causing special characters to be non-functional in the Text tool has been fixed.
- Voila’s in-app web browser now loads the default Voila browser page instead of the last visited site.
- Addition of a Zero px width value for Callouts and Shapes benefitting those who prefer thinner lines.
- Scenarios where files don’t get saved when custom dimensions are entered in ‘Save As’ has now been fixed.
- For captures using an external non-retina display connected to a MacBook Pro with retina display, the captures are 2x bigger.
Improvements made for the OS X 10.9 release:
- Voila doesn’t crash anymore when importing files into it.
- An issue related to taking captures using the menu bar has been rectified.
- Screen captures using an external display now works smoothly without problems.
- Shadow lines present in description box and the out-of-place slider during video playback have been fixed.
Sandboxing changes and tips:
1. Due to certain incompatibilities, the 'Override System Defaults' option has been removed. The new defaults are ^⌘3 and ^⌘4 for 'Fullscreen' and 'Selection' capture respectively.
2. On updating to the new version, the old set of default hotkeys ( ⇧⌘4/⇧⌘3) get replaced with new ones (^⌘3 and ^⌘4). Other Hotkeys remain the same.
3. On updating Voila to v3.6, if the Voila library is placed in a location other than the 'Pictures' folder, a message is displayed asking users to select the location of Voila's current library. Change the location from Preferences and you'll see your captures back in the app.
App DescriptionBring christmas home early with Voila at an insane upto 33% discount. Download now!
Voila is the most powerful screen capturing software for your Mac, that not just lets you capture or record content, but also share across seamlessly. Voila also offers a wide choice of Editing and Annotating tools for your still-captures.
What does Voila offer you?
Flexible Screen Capture:
- Capture anything and everything on your screen
- Capture multiple regions, multiple windows, freehand regions, menu capture with title and more
- Capture scrolling webpage regions and multiple DOM elements
Record anything on your screen:
- Capture your videos at full screen or any size with no time limitation
- Record computer audio or from microphone
- Pause during video recording
- Trim lengthy videos
- Export videos to other movie-editing apps for video editing
Powerful Image Annotating and Editing:
- Complete your story with text, speech bubbles, arrows, shapes, stamps and more
- Apply photo filters, edges, use blur tool, resize image and more
- Crop to remove unwanted portions
File Sharing Options:
- One click sharing option to FTP/ SFTP/ Flickr/ YouTube/Mail
- One click upload to Evernote, Dropbox and Tumblr
- Multiple files can be shared/ uploaded/ exported in all the view options
- Export an image in multiple image formats
- Organize images and videos
- Create smart collections folders
- Update file meta data, tags with auto-tag completion etc.
Other Smart Features:
- Remember previous capture selection shape and location
- Copy last captured image to the Clipboard
- Export web pages from the Voila browser as a PDF
- Automatic URL generation for images and videos uploaded to FTP/SFTP
- Automatic URL copy to Clipboard
- Freedom to set any shortcut key including Function keys
Watch the quick overview video: http://bit.ly/voila-video
If you need any assistance with the app please drop a line to email@example.com
For latest news on Voila, follow us @globaldelight on Twitter
March 03, 2014 New version 3.7.1
February 06, 2014 New version 3.7
November 20, 2013 Price Decrease: $24.99 -> $9.99
December 18, 2010 Initial Release