- Changes app name slightly
- Fixes movie player bug
- Special Price
#1 IPAD APP OF THE WEEK
NOMINEE - PUBLISHING INNOVATION AWARD 2010
Charles Dickens' classic holiday story is given a revolutionary 'steampunk' look by PadWorx Digital Media Inc, the company that created the groundbreaking App of the Week 'Dracula: The Official Stoker Family Edition.'
You will not only witness Ebenezer Scrooge's personal transformation through 130 pages of lovingly abridged text, but for the first time you will become part of the story through breathtaking and interactively immersive graphics, music, and sound.
Whether you're traveling through time and space with Scrooge and the spirits of Christmases Past, Present, and Future, powering up and manipulating an assortment of wonderful steam powered devices, or just marvelling at each chapter's unique page-turning contraptions, 'A Christmas Carol's' steampunk-style animation, illustrations, original score, sound effects, and hidden Easter eggs of bonus content will draw you into the story's unforgettable lessons of darkness, despair, joy and life.
The design and execution of PadWorx's 'A Christmas Carol' is so innovative that it has been directly endorsed by the Dickens family. That's high praise, indeed! And in keeping with the holiday spirit, a portion of all sales will be donated to charities around the world.
'A Christmas Carol' is the second title in a series of new, interactive eBooks created for iPad by PadWorx Digital Media Inc. Built from the ground up on PadWorx’s proprietary game engine, this revolutionary vision of what an eBook reading experience should be creates the definitive user-driven experience through text, animation, video, gameplay-like elements and touch screen technology.
- August 06, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- August 15, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- October 18, 2011 New version 1.2
- November 03, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- December 07, 2011 New version 1.3
- June 09, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> FREE!
- June 23, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $6.99
- June 25, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $1.99
- May 15, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- May 16, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- October 12, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 22, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 01, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- January 01, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- August 13, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99