What's NewAllow larger weights i.e. BIG turkeys.
Show both Gas Mark and °C/°F for Gas ovens.
Tweaked the timings for Chicken and Pork.
Fixed issue so that alarms are silenced if using banner notifications.
Added information about Notification Center settings required for Alarms to work.
Added rating request.
Note: The next version of the app will require iOS5 or later.
App DescriptionCalculate the cooking time for your Thanksgiving turkey by simply entering the weight of the meat. Quickly see the temperature and cooking time or read the easy to follow instructions. Includes information for traditional roasts such as beef and chicken as well as once in a while treats like goose or duck.
• The Independent newspaper 'The 10 Best Apps for Foodies', August 2012
• iTunes 'Apps for Foodies' feature, June 2011
• Channel4 'Top 10 food apps' website review, May 2011
• iTunes 'In the kitchen' feature, March 2011
• iTunes 'Festive Cooking Apps' feature, December 2010
• T3 magazine 'Apps of the Month', Christmas 2010
• Quick and easy to use
• Summary of cooking times
• Easy to follow cooking instructions
• How to test the meat is cooked
• Alarms to notify you of actions to take at each stage of cooking
• Configure the units you want to use: °C or °F , kgs or lbs and Gas, Fan/Convection or Conventional ovens
• Configure your oven preheating time
• Cooking preference for red meats
iOS5 or later:
For the alarms to work when the app is running in the background make sure that they are switched on in the Notification Center by going into the Settings app.
January 29, 2014 New version 1.8
October 13, 2012 New version 1.5
September 12, 2010 Initial Release