â€˘ Fix for rare Startup crash.
â€˘ 4 new achievements!
â€˘ Multi-language support: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Inuktitut, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and English.
â€˘ Minor UI changes and fixes.
** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and growâ€”but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
â€śThe ultimate ambient experienceâ€ť â€” Gizmodo
â€śThe best iPad game yet.â€ť â€” IGN
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
â€śNamed as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em upâ€ť â€” WeDoCode
â€śWhether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.â€ť â€” App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "App of the Week" â€” Apple
* Apple Design Award winner
* #1 Top iPhone Game â€” IGN
* iPad Game of the Year â€” TUAW
* Game of the Year â€” Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice â€” Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show â€” IndieCade
* Vision Award â€” Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere â€” IGN
* Best Soundtrack â€” IGN
* Most Innovative Game â€” Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* New: Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Full Retina support.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoomâ€¦
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyteâ€¦ and the deadly Ferax.
* Earn 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements, with Game Center integration.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
*** NEW MULTIPLAYER ***
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi or Bluetooth), or over the Internet!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducingâ€¦ Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
â€śa beautiful, absorbing experience." â€” IGN
â€śWhat iPad Gaming Should Be All Aboutâ€ť â€” Gizmodo
5/5 - Macworld Editorâ€™s Choice - â€śOne of the best games weâ€™ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.â€ť â€” MacWorld
4/4, Must Have - â€śWe are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPadâ€¦ The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplisticâ€¦ every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just wonâ€™t find another experience quite like it.â€ť â€” Slide To Play
â€śOsmos HD is THE game for the iPad.â€ť â€” Pocket Lint
â€śItâ€™s the best iPad game on the App Storeâ€ť â€” MTV Multiplayer
â€śThe first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.â€ť â€” Wired
5/5 - â€śOsmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.â€ť â€” AppAdvice
â€śBeyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.â€ť â€” GameAndPlayer.net
- March 17, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 14, 2010 New version 1.6.4
- October 13, 2010 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- October 06, 2010 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- August 25, 2010 New version 1.6.3
- July 10, 2010 New version 1.6.1
- September 23, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- September 25, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- March 22, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- March 26, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- May 24, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- June 02, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- July 19, 2012 New version 2.0.0
- August 24, 2012 New version 2.1.0
- September 22, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- September 26, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- February 08, 2013 New version 2.2.0
- March 21, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- March 25, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- June 23, 2013 New version 2.3.0
- July 12, 2013 New version 2.3.1
- September 20, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 12, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- March 21, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- April 01, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- April 03, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- September 22, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 24, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 19, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 16, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- March 23, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- May 04, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- September 21, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 01, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 28, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99