• Updated for iOS 7 and iOS 8. iOS 7 or later is required for this update.
• Supports full resolution on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• The Sky Compass projection is now based on angular elevation. This better indicates how high the Moon and Sun are in the sky.
Hold the Moon in your hands. Moon Globe HD turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a precision instrument for viewing Earth's Moon. Satellite imagery and topographic laser altimeter data are combined to render the Moon with realistic lighting in realtime 3D.
Use the multitouch screen to manipulate the view. Spin above the surface, or switch to Telescope mode to see the Moon as it appears from your location on Earth. Adjust the display time and watch the sunlight shift over the lunar landscape. A "tag cloud" floats just above the surface, labeling terrain features and spacecraft; touch any label to find out more about that feature. Moon Globe also shows you where the Moon and Sun are in the sky with its dynamic sky compass.
PLEASE NOTE: Regular Moon Globe is a smaller download and is free. This HD version has slightly, not extremely, better resolution.
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.1.1
- March 27, 2012 New version 2.2
- April 08, 2012 New version 2.2.1
- September 20, 2012 New version 2.2.3
- September 28, 2012 New version 2.2.4
- October 08, 2014 New version 2.3