* Fix custom study crashing in some decks.
* Fix the camera/album picker not appearing on iOS9.
* Fix a bug that was causing (re)learning steps to be missed on filtered decks built in AnkiMobile.
* Fix display of remote images.
* Tweak deck list margins and fix due counts being truncated.
* Add stats button back to deck list by popular demand.
* Preview honours study font scale.
* Tweak template name display in find screen.
* Play icon now shows properly on dark background.
* Fix settings screens not scrolling edited text into view above keyboard.
And in 2.0.18:
* AnkiMobile now requires iOS7 or later.
* Display at native resolution on the iPad Pro.
* Support iOS9 split-screen multitasking.
* Support shortcuts to Add and Search from the app icon on iPhone 6S.
* Sync button now changes to yellow if changes are waiting in AnkiMobile or on
* Almost all deck options can now be configured within the app.
* New "check media" option in the preferences which behaves like the computer
* Collection options ("Next day starts at", "New/review order" and "Learn
ahead minutes") configurable within the app.
* Stats icon has been removed from the decks list, but is still accessible
via Tools screen, or an assigned swipe, tap, or quickbar action.
* Importing and exporting improvements:
- Collections over 2GB/64k files are now supported.
- Much faster importing and importing of collections.
- Shows progress as the operation proceeds.
* Audio handling simplified:
- When playing automatically, don't make the background music quieter, and
don't play if the mute switch is on.
- When replaying audio via the (re)play button, the volume of existing music
is dipped and the mute switch is ignored.
* Scratchpad improvements:
- Cleaner design that appears under the bottom bar.
- Clear button now clears one stroke at a time, or hold to clear everything.
- Now changes line width on devices that support pressure feedback (iPhone
6S, iPad Pro+Pencil)
- Support higher resolution strokes on devices that support it.
* Bluetooth keyboard now supports 1-4, space and r during review, and tab to
move between fields when editing.
* You can now add an empty deck from the Add/Import button on the deck list,
as well as the existing way via the Add screen.
* Note editor improvements: next/previous field buttons now include the tag
field, and deck/note type selectors now appear on a single line.
* Most screens updated to support iOS9's readable margins on large devices
like the iPad Pro.
* Up to 12 tool buttons and 8 quickbar buttons now.
* Remember tags when adding.
* Backups can now be managed via the preferences screen.
* Long press on a deck to rename it.
* Add screen automatically reveals keyboard.
* Searching now shows the card template name.
* Check DB removes unused tags.
* Add "bury card" option.
* Fix audio not replaying if it had an apostrophe in it.
* Deck stats now count buried cards.
* Fixed the wrong hint field sometimes being revealed.
* Rotate log file when it grows too large.
* Custom study screen updated, and now previews number of cards in a search.
* "Show bottom bar" renamed, and no longer hides card counts.
* Status bar now hides/shows with the navigation bar.
* deck:name searches are now case insensitive.
* Fix the study screen occasionally getting stuck when returning from
* Fix AnkiMobile sometimes crashing when returning to the deck list.
* Fixed an issue that prevented deletion of media files with non-Latin
filenames from syncing properly.
* The next card to appear after an undone card will now always
be the card you were looking at prior to the undo.
* Fixed searching/filtered decks that searched for a property that was zero.
* Fixed a bug where preview during a search could preview the wrong sibling.
* Importing will now update media files if sizes don't match.
* Warn when LaTeX image missing.
* Miscellaneous other fixes.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, making changes to the appearance of cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on up to 5 devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please use the above link! I have no way of replying to reviews placed on the app store, and quite often the issues posted in app store reviews can be easily resolved.
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.8
- June 29, 2011 Price decrease: $24.99 -> $14.99
- June 30, 2011 Price increase: $14.99 -> $24.99
- July 05, 2011 Price decrease: $24.99 -> $19.99
- July 06, 2011 Price increase: $19.99 -> $24.99
- October 06, 2011 Price decrease: $24.99 -> $14.99
- October 27, 2011 Price increase: $14.99 -> $24.99
- February 03, 2012 Price decrease: $24.99 -> $14.99
- February 13, 2012 Price increase: $14.99 -> $24.99
- October 19, 2012 New version 2.0
- November 13, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- January 25, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- February 07, 2013 New version 2.0.3
- August 01, 2013 New version 2.0.4
- August 10, 2013 New version 2.0.5
- October 16, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- November 07, 2013 New version 2.0.7
- November 19, 2013 New version 2.0.8
- December 13, 2013 New version 2.0.9
- December 21, 2013 New version 2.0.10
- February 06, 2014 New version 2.0.11
- October 21, 2014 New version 2.0.12
- November 03, 2014 New version 2.0.13
- November 06, 2014 New version 2.0.14
- November 12, 2014 New version 2.0.15
- November 16, 2014 New version 2.0.16
- January 05, 2015 New version 2.0.17
- March 12, 2016 New version 2.0.18
- March 21, 2016 New version 2.0.19