Tire smoke on landing!
This works in flight, and in replay.
This lets you really see whee you touched down, and adds realism of course.
When bad guys attack!
When flying a fighter, select whether or not you want bad guys coming after you in the airplane selection window.
Space Shuttle more easily selectable from the scrolling list.
C-17 jet engine spool-up time is now more accurate, which really matters for the really low-speed, short-field approaches this plane is designed for.
Welcome to the world of gliders, X-15's, F-22's, airliners, light planes, aircraft carriers, fighter jets, and much much much more, all in hi-res, and all in ONE HUGE APP, optimized to fill every single pixel of the iPad in ultimate detail.
We, the programmers of Laminar Research, announce X-Plane, optimized for for iPad!
X-Plane has been well known to be the most powerful, versatile, and accurate flight sim in the world, and is now available on the stunning new iPad platform!
The large screen and powerful processors of the iPad provide a tremendous amount of power that we have NOT seen in ANY mobile device to date.
As well, the huge touch-screen interface for cockpit control and accelerometer-based sensing for flight control allow an interface to the virtual cockpit that is simply amazing.
This newly-available power and size let X-Plane for iPad have stunning new graphics and interface that we have not yet seen in any mobile device.
Based on this amazing new power and interface, X-Plane for iPad includes new scenery terrain data at a much higher resolution than X-Plane for iPhone, with terrain textures that are FOUR TIMES AS DETAILED as our previous mobile simulations.
As well, X-Plane for iPad has airplane textures that are four times as detailed as previous mobile versions of X-Plane.
3-D buildings dot the terrain, with airport terminal buildings at Seattle, San Fran, and Innsbruk, Austria.
New instrument panels that are much more detailed than anything we have seen in any other mobile device grace the airplanes and helicopters.
These new instrument panels also have a fun new interface for changing radio frequencies that is uniquely suited to the iPad... you will have to TRY it to see how easy and intuitive it is!
As well, X-Plane for iPad maintains the best consumer-priced flight model of ANY flight simulator for ANY platform, so it REALLY FEELS LIKE FLYING as you soar through virtual terrains.
As well, we have a new interface for selecting airplanes and scenery that is really fun to use... simply swipe your way through images of aircraft and flying regions to choose your flight experience.
Also new is background Air Traffic Control radio chatter, to really give you the feeling of being in the cockpit of a real airplane, glider, or helicopter.
With the amazing new scenery offered by the power of the iPad, excellent flight model that we always expect from X-Plane, and a fun new interface, X-Plane for iPad provide a GREAT simulation experience as you fly through virtual worlds on your iPad.
- September 16, 2013 New version 9.84
- August 29, 2013 New version 9.83
- August 19, 2013 New version 9.82
- August 06, 2013 New version 9.81
- July 15, 2013 New version 9.80
- January 10, 2012 New version 9.770
- December 23, 2011 New version 9.750
- August 21, 2011 New version 9.710
- July 15, 2011 New version 9.700
- July 08, 2011 New version 9.697
- June 24, 2011 New version 9.696
- June 16, 2011 New version 9.696
- June 07, 2011 New version 9.695
- May 10, 2011 New version 9.692
- April 29, 2011 New version 9.691
- April 19, 2011 New version 9.682
- April 04, 2011 New version 9.681
- March 23, 2011 New version 9.67
- November 23, 2010 New version 9.65
- September 26, 2010 New version 9.621
- September 20, 2010 New version 9.620
- August 23, 2010 New version 9.61
- July 28, 2010 New version 9.60
- July 10, 2010 New version 9.551
- June 22, 2010 New version 9.55
- May 15, 2010 New version 9.54
- May 08, 2010 New version 9.53