148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: THE SLOW & THE ZEN :: Read Our Full Review >>
Line-drawing, ink & wash paintings, and drift racing are melded for a pretty, albeit shallow experience. Drift Sumi-e is too rough around the edges to be considered a true stroke of genius.
• The 180moment Car (180moment.com)
We're commemorating the coming launch of our newest app, 180moment, with this European-inspired ode to the 70's. 180moment is a fun, new way to easily capture and share special memories. Request your free invite!
• The IGN Wagon
Surf's-up with our first wagon! Try pairing this car with any of our water-themed tracks for some retro relaxation.
• Garage Snapshots. Now pose, take and share your favorite snapshots from the garage!
• Improved camera system. Now the camera follows your car automatically. You can still swipe across the screen for different camera angles.
• Better drawing - we've refined the detection system.
• Bug fixes, performance improvements and other refinements.
Enjoy! And thank you for all your support!
Add us on Twitter - @DriftSumie | @180moment
Add us on Facebook - facebook.com/driftsumie
App Description| An App Store Staff Favorite |
| IGN December 2011 Mobile Game of the Month |
"If you appreciate [art]...you will not be able to take your eyes off Drift Sumi-e...an absolutely gorgeous game." - IGN
IGN Mobile Game of the Month
"Overall, the game really stands out for its style and presentation." - Touch Arcade
"breathtaking" - AppSpy
"sheer brilliance" - UrbanRacer.com
"...one of those games that takes you back and you say, 'this game has set a new standard for the iPhone.'" - TopApps.eu
"...thanks to its artistic, meditative nature we’re given a game that relaxes every bit as much as it entertains." - knowyourcell.com
Welcome to the art of driving.
Experience Drift Sumi-e (su-me-eh): art and driving uncommonly fused into one.
A modern approach on a classic brushstroke art form focusing on capturing the essence of the subject, create a brush line and watch as it comes to life, car gracefully sliding through course.
• A groundbreaking gameplay dynamic. See what your brush line reveals.
• A sophisticated game engine with true-to-life driving physics.
• Beautiful, high-resolution car designs.
• 10 challenging tracks created by professional motorsports driver and US drift pioneer, Calvin Wan.
• Picture perfect environments. Visually stunning courses depict rich and serene anywhere-in-the-world locales.
• Deep and rewarding unlock system. Keep coming back for more - see what your first place rank unlocks.
• Snapshot and share. Sit back and watch through playback mode, then take snapshots of your run in action. Easily connect with Facebook, Twitter and email to share your art.
Drift Sumi-e (su-me-eh). Start with a raw canvas, finish with a real-world masterpiece.
Add us on:
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/DriftSumie
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DriftSumie
March 25, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
December 23, 2011 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
December 07, 2011 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
February 16, 2010 Initial Release