+ Make your own puzzles!
+ Game Center
+ Universal (works on iPad)
+ New puzzles
+ Hundreds of other bug fixes and improvements
Trainyard has the best user review scores on the entire App Store!
+ Innovative and challenging puzzle mechanic
+ Smooth difficulty curve
+ 100 main puzzles and over 50 bonus puzzles
+ Hundreds of ways to solve each puzzle
+ Puzzle editor: create your own puzzles
+ Retina display support
+ Easily share your unique solutions on Trainyard.ca
+ Looks GREAT on the iPad
+ Engineered for low battery usage
+ Colour-blind mode
+ Game Center support
+ A year in the making
+ Developed in my spare time (support indie games!)
[NOTE: there is a bug in iOS 8 where the game will freeze after a puzzle. To fix it, press Credits -> Rate It. You do not need to actually rate the game, just pressing that button will fix it. Sorry! ]
Stuck on a puzzle? Visit http://trainyard.ca/solutions where there are over *1.5 million* player-submitted solutions.
Trainyard is a puzzle solving game unlike any that you've ever played. It's easy to learn but very tough to master. Your job is simple: get each train to a goal station. Red trains go to red stations, blue trains go to blue stations, etc. You control the trains by drawing track for them to follow. There isn't a time limit or even a score; the only thing you need to do is figure out a solution for each puzzle.
The first few puzzles are almost too easy, but as the difficulty increases you'll be thankful that you were able to practice the fundamentals of drawing track. As the game progresses, you'll have to use colour theory to combine trains of different colours, use timing to merge and split trains, and use every inch of your brain in your quest to beat the game.
Find out more at http://www.trainyard.ca
Developed by Matt Rix ([email protected])
Proudly made in Canada.
Think you beat the whole game? Try to solve all the bonus puzzles! Done that? Try to match the track counts on http://trainyard.ca/solutions
Trainyard makes use of these excellent libraries:
+ Cocos2D-iPhone by Ricardo Quesada
+ XAuthTwitterEngine by Aral Balkan
+ Twitter+OAuth code by Ben Gottlieb
+ MGTwitterEngine by Matt Gemmell
+ ASIHTTPRequest by All-Seeing Interactive
+ SFHFKeychainUtils by Buzz Andersen
+ TouchXML by Jonathan Wight
+ FMDB by Flying Meat Inc.
- November 24, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- June 22, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- May 26, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- April 17, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- March 13, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- March 07, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 01, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 14, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- January 11, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- June 18, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- May 25, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 20, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 27, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- January 25, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 20, 2010 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 20, 2010 New version 1.20
- November 24, 2010 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 12, 2010 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 13, 2010 New version 1.16
- September 08, 2010 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- September 08, 2010 New version 1.15
- July 21, 2010 New version 1.1