What's New★ All changes and new features in this update are free for all users. ★
- Effect controls on mixer screen (ADJUST, MIX, MIXFX modes).
- iPhone 5 screen support with 8 cue points (was 6 on older models).
- Gain is plus minus 9 db.
- All music is displayed, not just tracks in playlists. Cloud indicators displaying track availability.
- Small bugfixes.
- Reduced number of mid-range removal for free users.
Default, "out-of-the box" support for:
✔ ION iDJ2GO
✔ Numark iDJ LIVE
✔ Numark MixTrack Pro (with automatic audio routing)
✔ Numark N4 (with automatic audio routing, 4 phono inputs, GREAT FOR DVS!!!)
✔ Vestax VCI-400
Just plug these devices in, and you don't need to create a MIDI map or set anything, they "just work".
MIDI mapping tweaks for controllerists:
- Reverse jog wheel touch.
- Tempo zero led.
- Adjust/mix/mixfx mode switch.
- Balance center switch.
- Encoder-based pitch bend.
- One-switch encoder/bend fx.
App DescriptionTired of the toy DJ apps? DJ Player is the PREMIUM DJing solution for iOS devices, designed for the real DJ booth.
You can discover every feature for free, then upgrade to DJ without ads and periodical mid-range limitation for $18.99.
✔ Highest stability, performance and audio quality. Lowest latency.
✔ Flexible audio routing with different output modes, plus ultra-low latency WiFi streaming.
✔ Designed for the DJ booth, not just your hand.
✔ Advanced cueing, looping, slip mode, multi-fx.
✔ DVS (Digital Vinyl System) control.
✔ Full MIDI controller support with mapping.
Supported MIDI controllers: a lot!
Digital DJ Tips:
"…the iOS power user’s DJ software of choice…"
"If Algoriddim’s DJay is the Serato of iOS DJing, then DJ Player is definitely the Traktor."
"DJ Player has just raised the bar considerably, as well as the expectations of the masses following this amazing progress."
"… this is exciting stuff."
"Excellent performance and sound."
"… the most legitimate consideration available for using an iPad (or iPads) to DJ instead of a laptop."
"DJ Player truly is the “premium” DJ app that it claims to be, and I highly recommend it to those looking for a professional grade DJ app."
- Fully mappable. Create, import and modify maps.
- Super low latency jog wheel support.
- Easy map editing with MIDI learn and built-in MIDI monitor.
- Use multiple MIDI sources at once, each with it's own mapping.
- Special additional mappable features for enhancing the capabilities of smaller controllers.
- Out-of-the-box default mappings and automatic audio routing for: iON iDJ2GO, Numark iDJ LIVE, Numark MixTrack Pro, Numark N4, Vestax VCI-400.
- Adjustable frequency, rpm and phase: compatible with all timecode vinyls.
- Adjustable threshold.
- Input selector: you set which turntable controls a deck. A turntable can control both decks simultaneously for example.
- DVS FX: control the main parameter of the active effect(s).
- Input selector and DVS FX are mappable to MIDI.
- 8 gapless cue/loop points (6 on iPhone and iPod touch), play like a sampler. Modify on-the-fly, while playback/loop goes.
- Vinyl Vision and waveform display, touch to jump (beat and bar aligned).
- Advanced pitch controls with adjustable strengths. Key lock in the ±16 range.
- Reverse play with slip mode.
- BPM sync, automatic bpm and beatgrid detection.
- Beatgrid editor with beatcounter.
- For every channel: fader, gain, low/mid/high ±6 db adjust eq, low/mid/high mixing eq from -96 to 0 db (isolator), hidden cutoff switches, low- and highpass filters.
- Punch control for channel faders and cross (in/out).
- Calibrated channel and master VU meters (with peak hold off/fade/run), balance.
- Pre-listening: master/PFL ratio, headphone volume. Split or stereo PFL.
- Use up to 3 effects in the same time on a deck.
- Gapless auto or bounce looping, from 128 beats to 1/256 beat, triolic 3/4, 1/3 values.
- Loop roll, temp pitch control and reloop.
- BPM-based echo, reverb, lo-fi, flanger, highpass, lowpass, bandpass, notch and peak.
- Convenient track search with textual search/filter. Sort by playlist, artist, title, comment, duration, BPM or natural ("iTunes order").
- Automatic marker shows if a track was played in the last 4 hours. Manual marker on/off for each track.
- Mass analyze, Serato and Traktor metadata support (BPM and cue points/loops).
- The internal standard SQLite db keeps all bpm and cue points even if a track is removed from the device, with import/export.
- Many advanced settings (EQ reset, crossfader curve, etc.).
- Master EQ (in settings) for small speakers bass/treble compensation.
- Automatically or manually post track information and camera images to Twitter.
- iPad only: CPU meter, live camera background.
- Audio buffer size from 512 to 128.
- Multiple background options, use your own background image.
May 08, 2013 New version 6.0
March 14, 2013 New version 5.8.1
March 12, 2013 New version 5.8
February 07, 2013 New version 5.7.1
February 01, 2013 New version 5.7
December 21, 2012 New version 5.6
November 19, 2009 Initial Release