** Added the much-requested British accent and vocabulary option!
** Added a parent gate to prevent kids from accidentally accessing things they shouldn't.
** Removed in-app purchasing.
*** Please let us know what you'd like to see in future updates. We'd love to hear from you! ***
*** Finalist for the BestAppEver Award: Toddler Apps * **
The best-selling reading game for kids has gotten even better! We've added more words and support for phonics. First Words Deluxe provides endless fun for the toddlers in your life, all while giving your child a head start on learning their letters and learning to spell words.
First Words Deluxe is toddler-tested and approved, with a user-interface designed specifically for the littlest of fingers. The game includes 174 words, including:
== 48 animals
== 35 vehicles
== 14 colors
== 22 shapes
== 55 words from around the house
(Fewer words are shown when the phonics option is selected, because many English words are not spelled phonetically. A total of 68 phonics words are included.)
A wide range of options let you tune the game to match your child's current skills and abilities.
If your child is old enough to ask for your phone, they're old enough for First Words Deluxe!
Here's what educators and reviewers have said about our First Words apps:
“First Words is an app that teaches letters and words in fun and interactive way. Very easy to use these apps will help support your little ones learning with great illustrations and bright colors. Each app supports kids learning and encourages kids to explore and discover by revealing, rewarding and teaching.”
-- Fun Educational Apps
“Excellent - As a teacher, I love this game! Just what technology was meant to do!”
-- iTunes Review
“This app has great settings that let you control the level of difficulty for the child – either with lots of hints or almost none at all. The letters slide nicely into each word and when completed the child is rewarded by having the pictured animal enlarge and animate briefly.”
--Carisa Kluver at Digital Stortyime
“First Words Deluxe is a very straightforward word-building game. Words are either said letter by letter as they are dragged into the appropriate gray boxes or, if chosen in the settings, a smaller set of words can be sounded out with phonics. This makes this game a treat for both pre-readers and early spellers.”
--Common Sense Media
“Looking to guide your toddler towards recognizing letters and how to spell words up to eight letters long? Then First Words Deluxe might be just what you are looking for. This pre-reader and spelling application encourages vocabulary development in a wide range of categories such as: vehicles, animals, at home, colors, and shapes.”
--Andrea Gardner at Applicable2u
"First Words is a great app -- as I said at the time, 'Leo loves First Words because it's fun and easy. I love it because he's learning to spell words, and the interface makes that learning error-free.'"
---Shannon Des Roches Rosa at Squidalicious
*** We love getting feedback from our users. If you have questions or comments, please send them to [email protected] ***
- March 05, 2014 New version 5.6
- September 12, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- September 10, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 06, 2012 New version 5.5
- August 21, 2012 New version 5.4
- August 05, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- August 04, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- July 08, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- July 07, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- June 21, 2012 New version 5.3
- March 19, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- March 17, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- February 11, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- February 08, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 18, 2012 New version 5.2
- November 04, 2011 New version 5.1
- September 27, 2011 New version 5.0
- August 16, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- August 13, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- July 12, 2011 New version 4.1
- June 24, 2011 New version 4.0