Just in time for the holiday season, we have added new features to make your Dictionary.com experience that much better. Thanks to your valuable feedback, our latest release has updated the following features:
* Definitions and Thesaurus - YES! We are bringing thesaurus back. Search within the dictionary and thesaurus from anywhere in the app by selecting them from the search box.
* Recent Searches – Tap the search box to see your most recent searches.
* Favorite Words – Access your favorites at any time by tapping the star icon on the top right of the home screen.
* Settings and Features – Access all of your app’s options conveniently through the top left menu.
* Ease of Use – Experience a more seamless navigation to the home screen using the X on the top right of any page.
We hope you enjoy this update. Happy holidays to all of you from us at Dictionary.com!
Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms and designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the free offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Translator – translate into over 25 languages
- New Content Collections Carousel includes fresh content from our Blog, Slideshows and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - find out where even the strangest words come from
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- Spelling suggestions - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
- Advanced learner’s dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming and Slang Dictionaries
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Premium App.
- February 25, 2011 New version 3.1
- December 20, 2010 New version 3.0
- August 10, 2010 New version 2.3
- August 06, 2010 New version 2.2
- June 30, 2010 New version 2.1
- February 16, 2010 New version 2.0
- June 15, 2009 New version 1.0.1
- November 16, 2011 New version 3.2
- December 15, 2011 New version 3.3
- February 24, 2012 New version 3.4
- February 29, 2012 New version 3.5
- June 14, 2012 New version 3.6
- October 11, 2012 New version 3.7
- March 21, 2013 New version 4.0
- April 10, 2013 New version 4.1
- July 17, 2013 New version 4.2
- October 01, 2013 New version 4.3
- December 12, 2013 New version 4.4
- December 18, 2013 New version 4.4.1
- April 18, 2014 New version 4.5
- August 07, 2014 New version 4.6
- October 19, 2014 New version 5.0
- December 16, 2014 New version 5.1
- February 06, 2015 New version 5.1.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 5.2.1
- May 27, 2015 New version 5.2.2
- July 01, 2015 New version 5.3
- July 21, 2015 New version 5.3.1
- September 10, 2015 New version 6.0
- October 07, 2015 New version 6.0.1
- November 10, 2015 New version 6.0.2
- December 17, 2015 New version 7.0.0