Now you can control your Internet-connected receiver right from your Apple Watch!
IMPORTANT TIP: Before using your Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure "External Access", “Current Program” and "Recordings" is set to Allow and "Recently Watched" is set to Share.
Apple Watch Features:
- Play, pause, rewind, and fast forward Live TV, On Demand and Recorded content
- Set DVR recordings
- Navigate and select options from the on-screen guide, playlist and menu displays on your HD-DVR
The ultimate video experience is just a tap away with the DIRECTV App for iPhone. Watch top TV channels live on your iPhone® or iPod touch® in any room of your home. You can get instant access to hit entertainment on demand from HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, Showtime®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, and Comedy Central, plus the latest DIRECTV CINEMA movies and more, whenever and wherever you want—at home or on the go.
And now includes support for Apple Watch!
Limited programming available. Additional charges may apply. Available for customers in the USA only
- Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go with HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, Showtime®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Comedy Central and more.
- Turn your iPhone into a portable TV and watch top TV channels live in any room of your home.
- Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere.
- Get program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations & parental ratings.
- Watch thousands of your favorite shows and movies right on your iPhone.
- “Live TV” displays a list of channels available to watch on your iPhone within the home.
- Set parental controls, and enjoy peace of mind over what your children are watching.
- Browse and discover thousands of On Demand titles.
- Search for DIRECTV CINEMA movies based on categories.
- Search for any television show up to 14 days in advance, view top picks of the week, and sort by programs you can watch on your iPhone.
- Record shows by a single episode or entire series to any DIRECTV DVR in your home.
- Add additional time to the start or end of a recording request or select to manually record a channel for a specific amount of time.
- Set recordings for DIRECTV CINEMA movies to watch on your home TV any time. Order movies and events without your receiver connected to a phone line.
- Share your favorite shows with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- Browse the top shows and movies people are currently talking about and set your DVR to record.
- Manage your account.
- Instant access to Mobile Answer Center link for FAQs.
- Browsing functionality is available to everyone.
- Recording functionality is available to DIRECTV customers with a DVR only.
- iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 8 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for iPhone.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
- May 11, 2015 New version 4.0.107
- May 08, 2015 New version 4.0.106
- March 12, 2015 New version 4.0.009
- December 21, 2014 New version 3.8.008
- October 24, 2014 New version 3.7.006
- September 11, 2014 New version 3.6.007
- August 07, 2014 New version 3.5.008
- April 18, 2014 New version 3.3.010
- March 26, 2014 New version 3.3.009
- December 20, 2013 New version 3.3.003
- November 22, 2013 New version 3.2.005
- October 30, 2013 New version 3.1.007
- October 23, 2013 New version 3.1.006
- August 23, 2013 New version 3.0.0
- July 03, 2013 New version 2.5.2
- May 22, 2013 New version 2.5.1
- May 16, 2013 New version 2.5.0
- April 05, 2013 New version 2.4.4
- March 13, 2013 New version 2.4.3
- January 14, 2013 New version 2.4.1
- December 20, 2012 New version 2.4.0
- November 10, 2012 New version 2.3.1
- October 23, 2012 New version 2.3.0
- September 19, 2012 New version 2.2.0
- November 10, 2011 New version 2.1.1
- October 01, 2011 New version 2.1
- August 25, 2011 New version 2.0.4
- August 13, 2011 New version 2.0.3
- June 25, 2011 New version 2.0.2