What's new in v2.4.1:
• iPhone 5 Support
• Performance improvements for iOS 6
• Bug fixes
NOTE to iOS 7 USERS: There is a known bug in iOS 7.0.3 where sending batch text messages would fail one way or another. Apple is aware of this and will hopefully fix for the next iOS update. There is nothing that can be done to get around this issue in the meanwhile.
Featured in Apple's official 'iPhone Quick Tips' podcasts as contacts manager of choice
"Best App for Working Your Rolodex"
"..Groups is a steal for anybody who is serious about contact organization."
Groups takes contacts group management to a totally different level. You get to manage your contacts the iPhone way; A simple drag & drop gesture. As they say, "a Drag & Drop is worth a thousand operations"... or something like that!
With Groups you can:
* View and manage contact groups from a single, easy to navigate view.
* Send Mass / Group SMS and Email to any contact group. Mail Groups with individually set To, Cc and Bcc selections. With a few taps, easily send mass SMS or Email to your friends, family or colleagues.
* Create, rename, delete, sort, color, hide and navigate contact groups* - all in a single view. Create contact groups are then accessible from the built-in Contacts / Phone app.
* Drag & Drop single or multiple contacts into or out of groups.
* Send Mass / Group Mail to only a subset of a selected Group. Simply perform a search and filter on contacts you wish to email. Group emailing was never this easy.
* vCard attachments (as inline text and an attached file supported by all mobiles): share contact information with others easily and effectively. Supports sending all fields including photos.
* Merge multiple contacts into a single contact in Mass Select Mode (tap-hold two fingers on contact list). Extremely easy to merge duplicate contacts.
* Delete multiple contacts from the address book in a single go (from Mass Select Mode).
* Dial, SMS, Email and visit URL/Map Locations of individual contacts by tapping on their name for quick dialing (i.e. use it as a mini-dialer)
* Search through your entire contact list from a single view. You can save searches too!
* Use the built-in smart T9 Dial Pad to make quick calls and quickly filter on matched names and numbers while you dial.
* Smart Groups: Use built-in ready to use 'Smart Groups' or create your own to easily categorize and manage your contacts. Groups offers the most powerful and easy to use filter-creation view ever. Note: Smart Groups are filtered views of your contacts and you cannot obviously drag and drop a contact to these groups.
* Save performed searches as Smart Groups with a single tap
* Keep your contacts and groups in sync with the built in Address Book, your Laptop or Mobile Me (Please see note below for Windows).
* Map Out group contacts. For a selected group this will map out each contact on a map for visualizing your contacts
* Supports portrait and landscape mode
Groups is the ultimate Group Emailing / Texting / SMS application and is the only contact grouper tool you'll ever need. It's rich with features and offers unmatched usability.
* Retina Display ready
Important Notes & Known issues:
* iOS 5 users: Turn 'Group SMS', 'iMessage' and 'MMS' OFF in iPhone Settings to be able to send Group SMS from the app.
* Japanese & Chinese users: Please enter Phonetic Last/First for your contacts for them to sort correctly
* Outlook users: iTunes syncs created groups as folders and not categories
* Managing Ringtones is not supported
Tags: Groups, Contacts, Search Dial, Phone Dial, Photo Contacts, Contact Groups, Speed Dialer, Contact Filter, Fast Dialer, Speed Dial, Group Mailer, Group Mail, Group SMS, Mass SMS, SMS Contacts, Quick SMS, SMS Friends, Mass Mail, Merge Contacts, Combine Contacts, Groupmail, Group email, Group emailer, Group text contacts, Group txt, group texting
- June 30, 2011 New version 2.3
- July 02, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- July 04, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- August 25, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- August 27, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- December 19, 2011 New version v2.3.2
- December 19, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 21, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- October 18, 2012 New version 2.4
- October 20, 2012 New version 2.4.1