148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: TOP FIT PICK :: Read Our Full Review >>
RunKeeper is one of my favorite apps - I always suggest it to anyone thinking of tracking not only their running and jogging, but all sort of gym activities. Simple, easy to use and socially integrated, it's one of the best apps for starting or keeping a fitness routine or resolution.
What's NewBrand new features for the iPhone 5s!
-Pocket Track: Background detection of walking activities so that you get credit without having to hit 'Start' or 'Stop'
-Stride rate chart: View how your stride rate changes while running or walking
-Improved auto-pause for running and walking activities
More goodness for the iPhone 5s, 5c, and 5
-AirDrop a workout: Share your one off workouts with friends nearby
-AirDrop a friend request: Add nearby workout buddies to your RunKeeper friend list
App DescriptionJoin the more than 25 million people who are using RunKeeper to turn their phone into a personal trainer in their pocket! Track your runs, walks, bike rides, hikes, and more using the GPS in your iPhone.
Track your fitness activities and have fun doing it
- See detailed stats around your pace, distance, and time.
- Get stats, progress, and coaching through your headphones with built-in audio cues.
- Listen and control your music while you work out.
- Measure your heart rate with many available sensors.
- Take pictures along the way to share and save while you go.
Measure your performance over time
- View a detailed history of your activities to see how you are doing.
- Get notified when you hit new personal bests and milestones.
- Measure your progress against your goals and targets.
- Follow detailed plans to help you achieve specific fitness objectives.
- Turn any activity into a route to do again later.
Share with friends
- Post your activities, achievements and plans to Facebook, Twitter and your friends on RunKeeper.com.
- Let supporters watch LIVE maps of your workouts and races as you go (must subscribe to RunKeeper Elite).
Get a broader picture of your health at RunKeeper.com
- Integrate your activity data with more than 70 other apps and services including MyFitnessPal, Lose It, Fitbit, Withings, Garmin and many more, to get deeper insight into your overall health.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
November 08, 2013 New version 4.1
October 04, 2013 New version 4.0.2
September 27, 2013 New version 4.0.1
September 26, 2013 New version 4.0
August 19, 2013 New version 3.7.1
June 12, 2013 New version 3.5
January 13, 2009 Initial Release