The menu shown after selecting some text in the cache description now has a "+ WP" option to add the waypoint with that formula to the waypoint list.
Note that this option is only present when a valid waypoint formula is recognised in the selected text. Cache owners who write down their waypoint formula's in a non-standard way will frustrate this automatic recognition.
Examples which are recognised:
- Go to waypoint 1 located at N 52 4(C-D).(2*A)BC E 5 23.1(A+B)B
- Park at South 34º23.481 and West 120º45.234
An example which is not correctly recognised:
- Go to waypoint 1 N 23.XXX Where XXX is ... and E 5.YYY Where YYY is ...
The ultimate tool for the serious geocacher when solving multi-caches, powered by Geocaching Live. This buddy app will remember every clue found and will calculate any derived clue or new waypoint for you. Waypoints can be formulas or projections. These and the final cache formula will be evaluated the moment all clues are found and entered. The app can record your parking spot so you'll be able to return to your car after finding the cache.
SEE BEFORE YOU BUY: To get a better idea of the functionality, read the Quick Start Guide at the support website www.gcbuddy.com
- Manage a list of caches
- Add caches from geocaching.com, opencaching.de, .pl, .us, .nl, .ro or .org.uk
- Prepare a multi-cache at home on the device or using the web interface
- All images embedded in the local description are preloaded: paperless caching!
- Navigate to the parking location
- Enter answers to questions posed at a waypoint
* convert text to value
* Stack counting
* Roman numerals
- Auto-calculate new waypoints using these answers
- Auto-calculate the cache location using all answers found
- In-app compass when navigating to the next waypoint or cache
- In-app Openstreetmap waypoint overview
- Show a waypoint on an external map app
- Vibration alert when within 25 m of a waypoint
- Document the waypoints with your camera
- Photo album for each individual geocache + ultrazoom photo viewer
- Photo's can be sent by e-mail
- Make notes before or while caching
- Post a log and optional photo on geocaching.com
- Find your way back to the parking
- Backup all information entered for this cache by e-mail
- Restore / transfer cache info from backup e-mail
- Write protect a cache in the list of caches
In case of problems, feel free to mail me so I can help you. That is better than writing a 1 star review since I cannot respond to that.
- June 24, 2011 New version 5.50
- July 30, 2011 New version 6.00
- August 13, 2011 New version 6.10
- October 21, 2011 New version 6.20
- April 12, 2013 New version 7.00
- April 12, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $7.99
- August 31, 2013 New version 7.10
- May 08, 2015 New version 8.0
- May 16, 2015 New version 8.0.1
- September 03, 2015 New version 8.1.0
- September 04, 2015 New version 8.1.1
- September 09, 2015 New version 8.1.2