- New “Toolbar buttons” feature allows you to customize the main toolbar
- New (optional) Game Center toolbar button allows you to quickly access the list of turn-based Game Center games
- Fixed a bug that was causing Profile information to be deleted in some cases
- Fixed a bug that was causing tChess to crash in some cases when submitting Game Center moves
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
- December 04, 2013 New version 1.8.2
- September 29, 2013 New version 1.8.1
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.8.0
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.7.5
- February 20, 2013 New version 1.7.4
- September 28, 2012 New version 1.7.3
- March 28, 2012 New version 1.7.2
- November 08, 2011 New version 1.7.1
- October 14, 2011 New version 1.7.0