What's New- Fixed a bug that may cause the app to unexpectedly quit when scanning a barcode.
App DescriptionIMPORTANT NOTE: GoodGuide at this time only covers products available in the United States.
The GoodGuide app instantly reveals whether products are safe, healthy, green and socially responsible while you shop. The app’s barcode scanning feature lets you quickly access GoodGuide’s science-based health, environment and social ratings for over 170,000 products. GoodGuide’s personalization features enable you to choose the issues you care about most - like nutritional value, safe and healthy ingredients, animal welfare, human rights, climate change, energy efficiency, and more. The app will then inform you whether products pass or fail on your key criteria. By making information about consumer products transparent, GoodGuide’s mission is to help you shop your values wherever you shop.
IN THE NEWS
- Apple store featured app
- Included in Sprint and Apple TV commercials and print ads.
- Featured by NY Times, USA Today, TIME, Oprah, InStyle, Newsweek, TechCrunch, ABC, CBS, and more.
- Find ratings and information on over 170,000 products in Food, Personal Care, Household Cleaners, Baby and Kids, Pet Food, and more.
- Personalize the app by selecting the issues you care about most to instantly see how products perform on your key criteria.
- View detailed information on the health, environmental, and social performance of your favorite brands.
- Create personalized shopping lists as well as lists of products to avoid.
- Share your Recommended and Avoided products via Facebook, Twitter and email.
December 21, 2012 New version 6.0.1
November 10, 2012 New version 6.0
May 16, 2012 New version 5.0
November 15, 2011 New version 4.0.4
September 22, 2011 New version 4.0.3
September 14, 2011 New version 4.0.2
November 05, 2008 Initial Release